The start of it all

It all started in the night that she walked in on her best friend and the unexpected love of her life, kissing. They had all been watching a movie together at Riley's when Maya got up to use the bathroom. When she didn't come back for a little while, Farkle got up to check on her. When he didn't come back for a while, she went after them, finding them kissing in the hallway. She didn't know up until that moment, how much she actually wanted to be with Farkle.
She thought, why didn't he like her? Was she not enough? She thought that they almost had an unofficial little thing going on like Lucas and Maya sorta did, but in a nicer sorta way. It was all games though. Farkle didn't care about her like that, she thought. It hurt worse than seeing Maya and Lucas together. It burned her. She needed to be punished for thinking something so stupid as being good enough.
Just at midnight, she snuck out into the living room and to the kitchen, grabbing a knife out of the draw.
"What are you doing?" Said a voice from the doorway. She dropped the knife and grabbed a straw. Cory only heard the crashing of silverware, not seeing what she dropped.
"Getting some water."
"Why so late."
"Just couldn't fall asleep without it."
"I'm going to bed now."
"Okay." She said, filling up a glass. Cory was still a bit suspicious.
"Is everything okay?"
"Yep. Everything's great."
"I know when you are lying."
"Farkle and Maya kissed." She said, looking down.
"Ugh, boys. Boys no good."
"I'm being serious, dad. I'm really upset."
"Well, if you still liked Lucas, then why would this be a bad thing?"
"Because I like Farkle."
"Wow, this is confusing."
"Tell me about it. I don't really wanna talk. I just wanna go to bed."
"Okay, maybe tomorrow will be better. Goodnight."
"Night." He walked back to his room and Ruley grabbed the knife, quickly escaping to her room. She set the glass of water down and shut the door, putting the cold metal to her wrist. She took a deep breath and ripped it across.
"Mhm!" She let out, in pain. She couldn't understand the feeling, but she wanted it, so she cut again and again. Now she had three scars, and could go to sleep.