Chapter six.

She ran in the darkness. All she had to guide her was the moon. As the tears began to streak down her face, she could feel them freeze into ice.

She tripped over a tree root, and fell into the snow face first. She began to weep from the sheer bitterness of the cold.

She then herd the crunching of snow, and looked up. There stood a girl. She was white, with a red scarf and matching ear muffs. She had a bow aimed to her face.

"Who are you and who do you work for?" She said seriously. The squid girl burst into even more tears out of pure fear.

"I don't have a name but I'm a squid BUT I'M NOT EVIL I HATE SQUIDS!!" She managed to spit out. The white girl lowered her draw, and felt immediate compassion. She threw the bow behind her and quickly leaned down to her.

"Shhh. Shhh. It's ok." She hugged the squid girl. Her touch was cold, but being hugged felt warm. The white girl let go of her, and helped her up.

"Hello there. I'm.. I'm the squid girl." Her tears slowed their flow.

"Hello there squid girl. I'm The Snow Girl." She shuck her hand for a shake, and smiled.

-----------

"How do you light the fire without melting?" She laughed as she sipped her hot, steaming tea. The squid girl had explained her story to her as they walked back to the Snow Girl's small, cozy igloo. It had a roaring fire, a bed, and a table with two seats.

"I use redstone! It's so handy! That's why it's my favorite ore!" She giggled. She sat down with her and drank her iced tea. There was a knock on the door. Her dog started barking.

"Orange, sit!" She snapped to him. He sat, and panted. She unlocked the iron door, and opened it to see Sky.

"Snow Girl! Be on the alert! There's a squid who's learned to walk and...." He looked past the her to see the squid sitting at her table sipping tea.

"It's right there!" Sky pushed her aside and drew his sword. He charged the defenseless squid girl. The Snow Girl popped up right in front of him. Her ice sword was inches from his neck.

"Stop Sky." She said.

"What?! Have you gone back to the dark side?!" He screamed.

"Squids are evil. I'll never go back. But she's not." She gestured her head to the girl behind her.

"All squids are evil. Now, am I going to have to fight you?"

"I don't want to Sky."

"Is it because you're afraid of the budder? Snow is nothing compared to it."

She held her ground. "You don't know that Sky. Its never been tested. But I'm not in the mood to find that out today. Now go!" She gestured her sword to the door. He turned, and began to leave.

"When it steps a foot out your door, I will have the whole army ready." He stopped. "And they'll be coming for you too, you traitor!" She slammed the door, and locked it.

"Wow." the squid girl said. The Snow Girl turned and ran to the back of the room. She opened one of her chests and tossed the squid girl a sword. The squid girl looked at it. It was a derpy squid sword.

"Were did you get this?!" She asked.

"I've had it ever sense I spawned in minecraft." She rushed to the corner and lifted the rug.

"We don't have much time. In a matter of hours he'll have an army surrounding the house." The snow girl opened a trap door to a secret tunnel.

"Cool." The squid girl smiled.

------------

The squid girl ran through the jungle. The Snow Girl had brought her to the end of tunnel, to the edge of the biome.

"Thank you but...." the squid girl began.

"But what?"

"Why have you been so kind?" She didn't say anything for a moment, then smiled.

"Because once, I WAS you." At that, she shut the trap door. The squid girl stood there stunned for a moment, but walked off still wondering about what she had just said.

Now she needed to some how defeat the dragon. She wouldn't have the help of the peaceful mob army, and she didn't even know where the end portal was, but she knew she would defeat him. She would stop at nothing.

A bright light shawn. Notch descended to the ground, and walked to her.

"I am proud of you, daughter. You have chosen to do the right path no matter what anyone says. No matter what hatred, no matter what judgment, you will do the right thing to the end. That is why I am giving you your name. You are no longer the unnamed, unloved squid girl. Your name is Squib. It is dark hiss for warrior to the end." She looked down and around her neck was a a shining neckless. The chain was of gold, and the jewel was of lapis lazuli. And in the center of it all, was a sparkling diamond. She saw the name Squib in carved in the diamond. She looked up to see that Notch was gone. But saw a trail of redstone that lead to a large cave.

"Redstone." She shuck her head and smiled. "It's so handy."