23 - The House Party. [Part 2]

[Photo of Keri Hilson aka Melissa Chadwick>>]

- Chresanto.

Is it bad that I still want her when she's so naïve? I thought to myself as I sat on the bench in the locker room. The question lingered for a while. I knew deep down that Jah wasn't as stupid as she seemed. Jacob got in her head so bad that she couldn't even think straight. She trips on her own friend now that she has him. That wasn't the Jah I met two and a half years ago; then again, I never got to see how she acts when she likes someone.

Jacob was slowly ready to get his ass beat. It wasn't even the fact that he got her in the palm of his hand; it was the fact that he's fucking with her head so much. At first he seemed genuine about talking to Jah, but when I mentioned getting at her, he switched. I didn't even understand what point he was trying to prove by showing out with Jah. I knew that he wanted revenge for what happened in the past, but it happened nearly three years ago. He wasn't even with Gloriselle that long and he was still stressing about it. I can't and I won't take back what I did; I fucked your crush, dated her, and that was it. It was never that serious. I just hoped that Jah got the chance to see his true colors and drops his ass.

"Ay, Chresanto!" I heard someone say. I looked up and saw that it was Craig. He gave me dap and sat down next to me. "How did it go?"

I shrugged. "It was okay. I think she's starting to understand."

"What did she say?" Craig inquired.

"She said we'll talk about it some other time." I answered with a sigh.

"It's progress!" Craig exclaimed enthusiastically. I didn't see what was so good about it. There was no bright side to this situation at all. Jah was going to avoid the issue for as long as she can. Jacob has her brainwashed. When Craig saw my face, his smile disappeared. "Now what's the problem?"

"That's if we ever talk about it. She doesn't understand how much of an asshole he is." I groaned.

"Trust me on this one. She will talk to you about it," He replied. "It may not be now; it may not be later, but she will talk about it. Now that you've said something, she'll always have that in the back of her mind whenever she's with him."

Craig was right. However, I could only wait for so long. After a while this game we were playing was going to get tiring. I had a short window of time before I moved on for good. I was never the chaser then, and I wouldn't be the chaser now.

"I just don't want to see her hurt, you know?"

"Because you care about her; more than you think." He smirked and I chuckled. "Don't stress yourself out, bro. Of course she won't come to her senses just yet. Rome wasn't built in a day. Take this from someone who knows; they all come running back to the gatemaster."

"No you didn't hit me with the Love and Hip Hop quotes." We both started laughing hysterically. "You're funny, Craig. Real funny."

He shrugged. "Even though the words come from an asshole, it's true. They all come back in the end,"

"Yo Craig!" One our teammates named Nate came over to us. He gave us both daps as he draped a white towel over his shoulder. Nate and I used to hate each other, but we were cordial for the sake of the team. We were casual frenemies.

"What's up, Nate?" Craig said.

"We're all going to Johnny Rockets to celebrate the win. You should come with us," Nate insisted. He looked at me and smiled innocently. "You can come too."

What another reminder of Jah. She loves Johnny Rockets. "I'm good, you bastard." I mumbled.

"I'm starved." Craig said to Nate. "I'm there."