Feeding

Niamh starts to panic, "it's alright Niamh, let him do what he wants to get used to you" Emma smiles.

Matthew starts to cry and Emma pushes Matthew a little closer to Niamh and he soon latches.

"There we go" Emma smiles.

"Relax babe" Joe smiles.

"Your boyfriend's right, relax onto him" Emma smiles.

Niamh gives another nervous smile and looks down at Matthew. "I'll leave you to it" Emma smiles as she leaves them be.

Joe sits and watches Niamh and Niamh tries to hold herself together as its really painful. Joe looks down at his phone before looking back up at Niamh to see her crying, "hey hey hey, what's up babe?" he asks.

Niamh looks away and wipes her eyes "it's... It's... Too painful" she stutters.
"I can't" she says.

Joe stands up and looks at Matthew "oh babe, I know it does but he needs to be fed" he smiles.

"It's so painful Joe" she cries.

Joe rubs her back and smiles at her "come on Niamh it's all going to be fine, look at Matthew he needs to Niamhy" he smiles.

Joe strokes Matthew's head, "don't give your mummy trouble already wee man" he says.

"Joe... I think he's fallen asleep" Niamh says as she slowly moves him away.

"I think you might be right" he laughs.

Niamh pulls her top down and Joe smiles as she burps him lightly. "You are a sleepy wee man aren't you" Niamh smiles.

Niamh lies Matthew between her legs and smiles down at him, "Joe can you get my phone please" she smiles.

Joes nods and hands her it, Niamh unlocks it and takes a few photos of Matthew. "He makes me ache all over but he's worth it" she smiles as she looks up at Joe.

Joe smiles "he is definitely worth the nine month wait" Joe smiles.

"Definitely" Niamh smiles as she lies back on the bed watching Matthew between her legs.

Joe smiles at her "I just need to talk to someone" Joe smiles as he gets up.

Niamh nods and smiles at him. Joe leaves and instantly calls Ellie as he knows she's possibly the closest person who lives near Niamh. She answers straight away, "Joe how is he? Is everything alright? How's Niamh?" she says.

"Niamh's fine, she had a little boy around one this morning. He's fine proper little chunky thing 6.5 pounds he weighed in at and his name is Matthew James Walsh" Joe informs Ellie.

"Oh Joe that's adorable, and Merry Christmas to the three of you" Ellie says.

"I know it's early Ellie but could you do me a massive favour?" Joe questions.

"I'm not up out of bed but of course I can what is it?" Ellie asks.

Joe smiles to himself "Right the midwife told me Niamh has already been discharged but she doesn't know right now, I wondered if you could go to Niamh's and grabs the car seat for me?" He asks.

"Of course, that's no bother" Ellie says in a cheery tone.

"Oh thanks El, your a life saver it means so much to me, I owe you a drink some time" he smiles.

"Don't be silly it's fine" she says.
Joe thanks her again and hangs up and goes back to Niamh and quickly texts Ellie to text him when she's in reception.

"What are you up to cheeky?" Niamh giggles.

Joe raises an eyebrow "me cheeky? You've got the wrong person babe" he smiles.

She giggles at him, "can I have a hug please?" she mumbles and smiles up at him. He comes over and hugs her, Joe looks at Matthew who is in his cot and smiles as he hugs her.

"How you feeling my princess?" he smiles as he kisses her head.

Niamh smiles a little "sore and tried and I want my own bed" she mumbles. "That breast feeding business was painful" she adds.

"Breast is best" he smiles.

Niamh rolls her eyes, "to be fair, it was great from where I was sitting" Joe smirks and Niamh playfully hits him.

"Yeah because you get a free stare don't you?" Niamh says sarcastically.

Joe smirks and smiles, "don't you not like calling me your girlfriend? I mean Emma only asked" she giggles.

"What?!" Joe says a little confused.

"You said to Emma something about friends and then being friends with much love for each other..." Niamh says a little confused herself.

"Niamh.. I" he stutters.

"Save it for later" she huffs and she lies back down.
She rolls over and faces away from him. Joe sits down and looks at her, "Niamh I'm really sorry, I was put on the spot" he adds.

"But I thought we were...actually wait just forget it" she mumbles slightly upset. Niamh rolls over and holds the pillow.

She tries to stop herself from crying but she feels herself tearing up. She lets out a small cry and Joe stands up. "Niamh what's up?" he sighs as he knows it's all his fault.

Niamh sniffles and doesn't look at him, "I've been living In an imaginary world for the past nine months it seems" she mumbles into the pillow.

Joe sighs, "no you haven't Niamhy" he says as he sits on the bed next to her with his back to her.

Niamh just sighs and continues to have her back to Joe. "I love you you know" Joe pipes up.

"Hmm" is all Niamh replies with.

"Come on Niamhy you know that?" he says.

"Just leave me be yeah? I'm tired" she mumbles.

"Okay" he says as he goes and sits on the chair and dozes off himself.

Niamh is later woken by Matthew who is crying. She wakes up to Joe who is up and nursing him to try and get him settled.

Niamh looks over at him and rubs her eyes, "He's settling now" Joe smiles as Niamh is still half asleep.

Niamh nods and reaches for her phone and checks it. She sees the amount of notifications and can't even be bothered to look through them all.
She huffs and puts her phone down, "why do I even bother with Twitter some of the times" Niamh mutters.

"Is he alright Joe?" she yawns as her eyes keep closing.

Joe nods "he's fine" he says.

Please leave a comment and let us know what you think 😘