The Truth

Chapter Fifteen

The Truth

Falling and burning are not two things that go together. I shouldn't be in Hell. What did I do to deserve Hell? My life is the one everyone else had been fucking up!

All my eyes could comprehend was the horrible fire. I mean, literally, there was fire everywhere. It seemed like there was nothing else down here.

Or is this just how hell starts out? Does it turn into something different as you progress? Does Satan create the illusion of your own personal Hell as you go deeper?

Does he – Oh; Speak of the devil, and the devil shall appear.

He walked in and the first thing I could make out was his sickly white skin, and demonically blazing red eyes. He had the face of an angel; strong bone structure, perfect, beautiful full red lips, and a crooked nose. After all, he was still an angel himself, wasn't he?

Then another person walked in. There's no way to describe what I saw. After all, no one knows what or who or how God is, so you can never quite make out a description. As I continued trying to make out what God looked like the shape that was God started to shift around the edges.

God’s skin color was a dark orange-ish color, like a mix of all races, and God’s mouth curved perfectly to fit with the strong jaw. The long flowing hair constantly changed color, from all of the strange colors for hair like white and green, to more modern colors like blonde and brown. The cloak God wore trailed behind them and covered all of God’s body, making it hard to make out if God was a man or a woman.

But the face I saw was already so heart breaking beautiful that I could barely look away.

When God opened their mouth to speak, all that came out was an ear splitting scream. I tried to make out what God was trying to say, but the scream was too much to take already.

"Someone's here," Satan said as he spoke with God.

"Un-shield your ears, young one," God's voice said in my mind. I could hardly refuse; God's voice was the most beautiful thing I've heard in my life. I hesitantly uncovered my ears, and even though the screaming of God made me my heart pound in fright, once my ears were uncovered I could finally understand what God was trying to say.

"You know I'm here?" I said, confused.

"Yes. You are Midnight Shine, the child of Death."

"How did you-" I stopped myself already knowing the answer. This is God, and God knows all. "Why am I in Hell?"

"This isn't Hell," Satan said as he approached me. "This is merely an illusion your wizard put into your mind. We came here to save you!"

This is an illusion? I thought. After a moment I processed what he said.

Did he say Wizard? What wizard?

"He's a strong one," God said as I walked over. "Ezekiel Kazan, seventh generation wizard. His side is evil of origin. He's been tracking you down since the day he was born."

"So Zeke's an evil wizard?" The mere thought of it sounded ridiculous.

"Ridiculous as it is, it's still the truth," Satan said as his eyes grazed over me. "But what's even more ridiculous is that he kept you alive this long."

"But I thought humans and angels were the only creation God made." Satan smiled, making me nearly jump back. His smile, though beautiful, reminded me of the way Tre-Zeke smiled at me when he wanted me.

"No," God said. "I have creations humans barely know of, who I meant to make as the protectors of the human race; Some of my creations have thought too highly of themselves," - Satan looked away at this part - ", and put themselves against the human race. They created some creatures of their own which they say are meant to test the human race, when really they are meant to show that the creator is just as powerful as I am." Satan growled, and I backed away even more. His growl was of pure evil, which when heard didn't sound anything like an animal, but of something far worse. "I created humans, angels, wizards, witches, warlocks, mermaids, werewolves, pixies, and animals. Satan created vampires, fairies, demons, and a dark side to every one of my creations. If the dark side of them is ever let out and used to the extreme they will face my wrath, and burn with Satan whether they like it or not." So much for God forgives... "I only forgive if you put truth in you word." Sorry...

"Now come on," Satan said.

"You are not going to die. You are going to live. Unleash your power, Midnight. Put for your effort, and you will live," They said simultaneously. And with that, I awoke in my own body.

I was bruised, bloody, beaten and raped, but strangely I felt more alive than I ever felt in my life.

And I knew exactly what to do.

I knocked on the door of Melony's home for the third time. This is starting to get irritating, I thought. Just as I was about to leave, Melony's dad opened the door with a smile on his face.

"Hello Midnight," he said politely. "What brings you here?"

"I came to talk about Melony," I said quickly. "May I come in?" He nodded, and I walked past him into the house. As soon as I blinked the scenery changed.

Everything was glowing red; Blood red. What did that mean? And why is this happening to me?

"Are you okay, Midnight?" Mr. Walker said as he sat down. His eyes glow ruby red, just a shade darker than Satan's. He smiled again, and I realized what he was.

He was a Vampire.

"Fine," I said as I sat down next to him. "Let's just cut to the chase." I said seriously. "I know Melony's an angel; my guardian angel." His face dropped, letting me know I caught him by the balls. "And I know you’re a vampire."

"And I know you’re the daughter of Death."

"Can you explain to me how this is possible? I mean, is Melony even your daughter?" He smiled again, flashing his fangs playfully.

"Yes," he said, stopping my train of thought. "When you're born into the Society of the under and Over Worlds your blood chooses what you become a few days after you're born. Midnight, you were never meant to mingle in the human world, but you mother insisted it was best for you to know both sides."

"And what was my mother? Is she the one that threw me into the insane asylum when I was little?" Curse that evil bitch.

"No," he said, making me freeze. Wait, then who's my mother? I never knew my real mother. I never knew my real mother! Is my whole life a freaking lie?! "Your mother was a wizard. She didn't want you born into her secrets so she hid you. She gave you too her little sister, the one you call mom now."

Melissa is my mother's sister. What does that make her?

"Melissa is a witch, like your mother although she has a choice whether she wants to be good or evil. Wizards don't." The look on my face must have told him all he needed to know. "You must be at the peek of you power, which is your weakest and most unstable time." What? If I'm at the peek of my power, shouldn't I be feeling stronger, and not weaker? "I'm guessing you're seriously confused. You’re staying here tonight. I have to tell you about everything you don't know already."

"What's Melissa going to think?"

"She already knows." That only confused me more. I mean, come on, was this all written out somewhere? "It was already foretold in the prophecy, young one." Oh great, I have a prophecy now! "Although the last part wasn't written out, so we can't say for sure whether you'll live or die." What? "I can't say anything more about that. It's supposed to be kept secret. But for right now, I can help make this easier Midnight." He got up, and looked me straight in the eye. "I know almost everything about God's hidden creations. Ask me anything."

Did he say anything? Huh, this might be worth a shot.

"How can I get back to purgatory?"