Ch.1 I learn a scientific name

~Ch. 1: I learn a scientific name~

This is a tale of my suffering, my pain, and all the crazy things that has happened to me lately. I've been uprooted from everything I've known, found a girl got lost... but I'm getting ahead of myself.

~Seth's point of view~

It all started one day on my way home from my first day of high school since my mom and I moved here from South Carolina. I had just had an exhausting day with the gym teacher having us all run several laps around the gym for a fitness assessment and I'm not sure how well I did. I may not be athletic but I know for sure I'm not a weakling but with the stupidly huge gym my new school has I felt like collapsing after the fourth lap around. Needless to say, I was eager to get home and relax watch some tv and maybe start reading my new book if I have time after my homework.

As I was walking down my street preoccupied with thinking about how good the couch is gonna feel, a hand comes up behind me and grabs my neck. But before I can even think about getting away another arm clamps something on my mouth making my world slowly go dark to a sickly sweet smell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

day 1 of captivity

 When I came to, I was in a bright white room with a toilet, a button near the door that I think is a light switch, a small black bubble in the far corner of the ceiling, that I think is a camera, what I think is a white linoleum floor similar to the one in my kitchen, and a single door. But I gave up hope of getting out that way because it looked to be made of annoyingly solid metal. As my eyes were roaming around taking all this in and trying to figure out where the heck I am, I realized I was in a hospital gown and that my hands and feet were bound to the sides of the bed. As soon as I started trying to struggle, the door opened to reveal an old man. He looked to be in his late 40s and his hair was starting to turn from black to gray, he was wearing a button down shirt and a pair of khakis with a long white coat on that looked kinda like a lab coat. What made me nervous was his eyes. They were a blue-grey. But that's just what color they were. He had a hard, intense look like he was trying to figure out what made you tick, like you were an object, not a person.

As I was thinking all this, he walks over to me and starts checking my pulse. Then he pulls out what looks like a small flashlight and reaches for my head. I flinch back but he just grabs my head anyways and looks at my eyes with the flashlight, his face not changing the entire time.

 He leans back looking satisfied and says "Good, I see the sedative has worn off without any adverse affects"

 "Sedatives? Wha-?" I manage to choke out of my raspy throat.

 "Why of course sedatives!" He interrupted "How else do you think I was going to get you here for my little clinical trial?" He said with a grin and a gleam to his eyes that freaked me out.

 "A clinical trial for what?! Who are you?! And why did you need to kidnap me?" I rasped.

 "Well I need a new male test subject after the last one went insane and died on me, so as I was driving along I saw you and I thought that what went wrong with the last one was that he was too old and a younger male would adapt to the changes much better." He replied with a shrug.

 "Insane?!?" I choked out, thoroughly scared out of my mind. "Adapt to what?!"

 "All in good time my dear subject eleven. Now why don't you relax for a second while I get the serum so we can get started with this" He replied with that scary manic grin and left the room with a clank from what I assume was a large lock on the door.