An Endless Nightmare

By the time I reached the other side of the valley, I saw Mistress' guards waiting for me. I rolled my eyes and slowed to a stop, waiting for them to say something. "You have past you limit Shadow, turn back now or we'll have to force you." An earth dragon speaks with a rough tone, his voice jagged and deep. Give me the creeps when I hear him talking to Mistress. "Okay okay I'm going, take a chill pill." I glare and head towards the cave once more, hoping this night of freedom will never end.

I land perfectly on the edge of the cliff that leads to the entrance of the den, and I grunt, hoping these ice dragon guards won't freeze me to death again and put me unconscious just because I was a couple seconds late. I walk onwards, my red gaze scanning the entrance. I get past the guards without any lecture or punishment. For once...

As I pad on through the stone hallways, I see two fire dragons guarding another darker tunnel. I sigh, and my tail droops and drags against the ground. "Shadow, right on time." One says, "Now get in there, Mistress wants to see you." He nudges me on with his spear and a small puff of smoke comes out of my nostrils as I look back at them. I walk on silently, looking around. I stop as a chilling, ice cold breath and voice appears at my neck.

"What a pleasure to see you again Shadow..." The voice seems as if its moving around the dark cave. "Did you have a nice flight?" My flank twitches in annoyance. "I need you for another...experiment." She chuckles. A light brightened up the room slightly, and I see this huge, and I mean huge, invention. I look at it and see a dragon is supposed to stand in a certain place and use one of their powers. I sigh, knowing it will be me. I look around for Mistress, and I see a flick of a tail in a dark corner. "Go on." She says, as I walk up to it. I stand in the middle and a force field appears around me.

"Now, I want you to use your poison powers on that meter right there." She flicks her tail towards it, and I nod slightly, a little bit frightened by the tone in her voice. I get my stance ready, and a ball of green venom appears at my mouth. I shoot it and it hits the meter, as a shock wave fills the force field and electrocutes me to when I'm laying on the ground, twitching and wondering why I got shocked after I did what I was supposed to do.

I pass out, and a bit later I wake up in my cage. I let out a deep sigh and get up, looking around as my red eyes glow in the darkness. I sit down, wrapping my black tail around myself as my metallic tail tip bangs against the stone floor. I decide to go to sleep, as the shadows surround my cage. I close my eyes and I start to drift off.