Chapter 1

Ring ,RIng, Ring, goes my alarm. I turn my head, not opening my eyes, towards the sound. I lift my arm up and hit the snooze button. I then pull the covers over my head and try to go back to sleep.  

"ALECKS!!", my mom yells. "Wake up. It's your first day of school and you don't want to be late." 

I sigh and sit up. I look at my clock. It says 7:05am.  I didn't want to go to school. I had just moved here from Pennsylvania, and I was scared that the people here would reject me because of my sexuality. We had to move here because of my parents. They decided that they were tired of Pennsylvania and wanted a fresh start. They decided that here, Colorado, was the best place. I was glad that they wanted to move. I was sick of Pennsylvania. I was always picked on because of my sexuality and the fact that I was human. At the school I went to, humans were rare and were looked down upon.

You see there are 3 different types of beings: Humans, Hybrids, and Double Hybrids. 

Double Hybrids are 1/3  human, 1/3 one animal, and 1/3 another animal. Double Hybrids are created when two hybrids get together and have a child. The child has a 40% chance of becoming human and a 60% chance of becoming a Double Hybrid.

Hybrids are half human and half animal. If a human and a hybrid get together and have a child, the child has a 50% chance of becoming a human nd a 50% chance of becoming a hybrid.

Wheather a child will be human or a hybrid is decided at the age of 13. On the day of a child becoming 13, any time during that day, can they change. If the child doesn't change on that day or the next day, its safe to say that the child is human.

Thats exactly what haopened to me.

I stand up and get ready for school. I choose a black v-neck, dark skinny jeans, red converse, and a red beanie to wear. I grab my red and black book bag and walk downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Well, I see you finally decided to get up," says my mom.

"Well I wouldn't want to miss the first day of school," I say sarcasticaly.

I eat my breakfast, say bye to my mom, and head out the door.