Tragedy

The barn owl watched her from the branches. She was playing with the repulsive goblins whom she considered as friends. The owl lingered for few moments then spread its wings and flew away, leaving the human girl who defeated him and won back her brother. But it did not mean that he would not watch over her. He may not interfere in her life but he would never stop watching her.

13 hours, it took her to defeat him and within the next 24 hours...she met with a disastrous fate.

............................................................................................................

The next morning Sarah was ready for school. She went to Toby and picked him up. "Toby!" she called him with excitement and swirled making him gurgle. She kissed him and put him back on the cot. She really loved Toby and never before did she realise that she loved him to the point of rescuing him through all the mess, the goblin king had put before her. It was just last night she got him back and she knew she could get over it. She exhaled...

"I'll be back and play with you and the goblins all day." Toby giggled and she finally went out, kissing her father's cheek and tolerantly bidding her stepmother goodbye.

She went out of the house to go to school. She hopped on the bus happily unaware of the flying owl watching her in the early morning. He saw Sarah smiling and looking out the window. He never saw her smiling so widely except when she was with Hedgewart or Hogbrain. The bus rode off with the owl following the bus.

Sarah was happy, so happy. She had her friends and her brother with her. Even though she would have to manage between her goblin and human life, she knew she could manage it. Nothing could ruin this perfect life of hers.

Or could it?

Before she could contemplate, screams and horns flew around and the bus got hit and it tumbled with everyone inside.

No one could anticipate anything. The tumbling finally stopped and she already hurt herself too bad. She looked up and saw everyone in the same situation...all unconscious or dead. Her sight was already red.

"T-Toby..." she gasped and her eyes closed before she could even think of everyone...but she did hear screeching of an owl.

It was just last night, she defeated the goblin king...but she couldn't defeat a simple, yet, terrifying bus accident.