Run this Town

Run this Town by: Lucy Hale

"I'm climbing high but there ain't no net 

You'd like to see me jump a bit 

Well every day's just like Russian Roulette 

I'm gonna play, play, play with no regrets"

~Sixteen years prior to Harry's fifth year.~

I sat in Lucius Malfoy's study awaiting the return of my most loyal subject, Severus Snape, I had sent him out some time ago to tail that oaf Dumbledore and he had still not returned. As the minutes ticked by I grew more and more impatient, where could he be? Surely he had not been caught; I had sent my best wizard to do this job. Turning to Nagini I sighed outwardly.

"Where Nagini where is Severus?" Her tongue flicked in and out for a few seconds before responding in parseltongue.

"He approaches master." I nodded and she lay her head back down in her coiled formation. The French door slammed open as Snape came sprinting in; his greasy black hair a mess and mud clung to his robes.

"Severus, what news do you bring?"

"A prophecy.... my lord.... Made... about you." He huffed between pants as he struggled to regain his normal breathing patterns. I reclined in the chair and waited patiently. Finally he stood and brushed himself off while sleeking back his black hair. "The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies ..."

"Then we have work to do Severus, it is already June. I want this boy found and I want him dead! At my own hand, Lucius!" A plan formed in my head as Lucius ran in. He bowed before stepping forward.

"You summoned me, my lord?" I gestured for Snape to fill him in while I sat back down on the study chair and began to write down my plan.

"Lucius Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange, Rodolphus Lestrange, Rabastan Lestrange, and Barty Crouch Jr will find the boy as well as where he lives. From there I will personally kill him myself." I rolled up the scroll and handed it to Lucius who had turned to leave when he stopped and scooped his son, Draco, into his arms and left.

Draco Lucius Malfoy, born June 5th and son of a Death Eater. I feel he is destined to up-hold his families legacy, and when he's old enough I will have another Death Eater in my service.

This prophecy could be deadly for me and I will not let that happen. Dead I want this boy dead. No mere boy can defeat the most powerful wizard of all time! No one can defeat Lord Voldemort!

~One month later.~

"He has been born my lord. The Longbottom boy, Neville has been born. His parents, Alice and Frank have thrice defied you, he was born today, July 30th, and he is pure-blood like yourself master." Bellatrix Lestrange knelt in front of me relishing her moment of triumph. I nodded, but there were two boys due at the end of July, the Potter's son had still not been born so I was to wait until he has.

Lucius had been tailing the Potter's. Watching them go about their daily lives for the past month waiting for their son to be born. Again I was in his study when there came a knock on the door.

"Enter, Lucius." Opening the door he bowed slightly before closing it and walking forward.

"The Potter boy has been born. The 31st of July to Lily and James Potter, a half-blood. Shall I tell the others that you have chosen the Longbottom boy?"

"No, tell me Lucius which boys' parents are more dangerous?"

"The Potter's but sir..."

"Then whose son will be of more danger?"