Endurance

"He's a creep and a pervert, that's what he is," Katie Bell growled as one if her friends, Ashley Golburge, laughed at the position Katie and Cormac McLaggen were in.

***

Carnac McLaggen and Katie Bell were were rivals, competing in everything and anything. Ever since they were first years, Professor McGonagall recognized them both to be the smartest in their year, not quite as far to say the brightest she's ever seen but they were bright nonetheless.

Currently, they were in the middle of a contest to see who was the fastest on their brooms. The result wasn't the best of results that happend in a while. In a ruse of frustration, Katie unexpectedly tackled Cormac causing them to both topple over.

"Katie, if you wanted me that bad, you could've just asked, no need to be so forceful," McLaggen chuckled as a joke.

"Cormac, you pervert, it's your fault for having a strong sense of gravity!" She yelled in response.

"Katie, you know I love you," Cormac smiled a lopsided grin as a joke. Blushing heavily, Katie ducked her head under and punched him in the gut.

"Pervert troll, go back to under your-" she was cut off from her long winded accusation by her friend and fellow Gryffindor, Ashley Golburge.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" she laughed mockingly "It looks like the Cat finally caught the Mouse,"

"I'd really like it if you didn't interrupt our alone time, Ashley." Cormac pouted, sad the his time alone with Katie was obviously cut short.

"Well, aren't you a proper gentleman, protecting her from the impact of the fall," the intruding girl continued, waving off the comment Cormac made.

"A gentleman?" Katie fused as she got up from the position she was in an stepping toward her friend "A gentleman? He is...he is..."

"Someone you can't live without. If he left you, you would be completely and inevitably lost." the Golburge girl smirked as she knew she had an upper hand in this argument.

"Oh, well isn't this something you see everyday, Katie verses Ashley." Cormac interrupted earning a sharp kick in the side by Katie.

"Stay out of this, I'll deal with you later, insolent imbecile of a dunderhead." Katie turned to Ashley once again, confused. "What did you mean by that? The whole 'I'd be lost without him' deal?"

"Think about it for a bit," she answered mysteriously while turning to walk away, "If Cormac McLaggen got a girlfriend who wasn't you, and started to stay with her more than with you, what would you do? Everyone knows that you belong together though so there's no need to worry. Yet."

"Her omninecent tone, worries me quite a bit," Cormac side commented just for the sake of lightening the mood.

"Whatever, let's just get back to the the school, dinner is starting soon." Katie said nervously as she sped to the Great Hall.

***

As Katie was exiting the Great Hall, he thoughts drifted to the things that her friend had said before.

"What did you mean by that? The whole 'I'd be lost without him' deal?"

"Think about it for a bit,"

"If Cormac McLaggen got a girlfriend who wasn't you, and started to stay with her more than with you, what would you do? Everyone knows that you belong together though so there's no need to worry. Yet."

"I'm over analyzing things again, she was probably trying to spite me again," Katie said to herself as she tried to clear her mind. "but what did she mean by yet?"