Prologue

Salvation walked into my pen with a catch-pole. I backed up into the corner growling, I watched him approach with the hated pole and let him place the noose around my neck and tighten it. I didn't fight him, I learned the consequences of that a long time ago. He took me to the back of his truck and loaded me into the reinforced steel kennel that he installed not long after he got me. He removed the noose and slammed the door shut, making the entire thing rattle. He than walked around the truck whistling pausing for a second at the door before he proceeded to get in the truck and start driving.

'Great we are heading to another fight.' I thought. I drifted out of consciousness never actually falling asleep, just in a state where I could rest and conserve my energy, I never actually sleep anymore unless he drugs me. He drove for about two hours non-stop when we started down a dirt road and kept driving for another half hour. "Where on earth is he taking me?" I thought to myself.

We finally stopped, From what I could see there were trees everywhere but it smelled like blood and death. Salvation got out of the truck and left me where I was. He headed into the building. I looked around as much as I could from where I was. Where he had takin me was surrounded by trees. I let out a howl which I hadn't done for years, hoping for a response from anywhere. The sound resonated for miles around, with no reply. Salvation came running out acting frantic and yelling at me to shut up. I backed up cowering in the back of the kennel.

"You stupid idiot! What are you trying to do get me arrested and you put down? Because that's what they do to wolves like you " Salvation said while cowered at the back growling lowly "Oh knock it off, you know what happens when you lash out at me, now boy you are going to be the main attraction at this fight. You will be fighting three of the best dogs there is." Salvation said. He then put the pole around my neck again. He opened the cage door and I followed him with my tail tucked. I had stopped fighting everyone around 6 years ago.

Salvation lead me into the building, the first thing that I saw was the crowed of people surrounding the ring. The crowed parted as we approached, someone rushed to open the gate for him. He walked in and shut the door behind him laughing at the people for being scared of me when he had control of me. He released the noose and I quickly backed up shaking to get the feeling of the noose from around my neck. I walked to the back of the pen and watched as people handed each other money. I knew how this worked. They would put all three dogs in here at the same time and I would be expected to survive somehow. They stopped putting one dog in when I kept killing them before anything even started. But they obviously wanted me dead tonight cuz they have never put three in before.

I stood at the back of the arena growling at the gate. Waiting for them to put the other dogs in. Someone threw a rope over the wall of the arena and around my neck. I fought the rope. I hated when they did that. I would normally go for a kill shot before the other dog even got in the ring fully. But if they wanted the fight to go longer they would have someone restrain me so I could not lunge the gate.
The gate opened and they let three dogs into the arena. A Tibetan mastiff and two wolves.

All three dogs circled me, I growled at them, lunging at them checking my self when the rope tightened around my neck. The mastiff lunged at me and nipped at my right shoulder drawing blood. They finally let go of my rope. My wolf took over.

I lunged at the smaller of the two wolves, grabbing his front left leg an shaping it in two. Backing up I watched as the wolf tried to lung at me but ended up falling over. I rushed in grabbed him by the throat and ripped it out. One down and two to go. The other two circled me growling nipping my flank and shoulders before pulling back. I kept going in circles trying to grab one of them.

I was exhausted and losing a lot of blood. Then I tripped, both dogs launched at me the mastiff had my throat, And the wolf grabbed at my belly. For the first time I was going to die and I was relieved. I had won all my other matches. But I guess it was time. I was tired of being treated as a dog. I am a wolf for goodness sake. I just lay there slowly dieing, I just want to die. I have been a captive for approximately fifteen years by my calculations. Captured when I was five and I have not shifted since I was six. Salvation has been my only handler, bought me from hunters when I was 7, he's owned me for 13 years. Keeps moving when people start questioning why I'm not dead yet, I'm so ready to die.

As black spots were clouding my vision I heard people shouting and felt someone grabbing the dogs jaws that were on my throat, prying them off of me. I felt hands on the worst of my wounds trying to stop the bleeding. I whimpered and try to move away from them, just let me die.

"Shush boy, we are just trying to help you" someone said. They accidentally hit a nerve and with the last of my strength I bit them. Then everything goes black.

Edited 9-23-19