Unbreakable

I've really screwed things up for my family these last few months. It was so bad that it caused us to move away from Maryland. Of course it's not entirely my fault. So many things have changed this year that I just couldn't take it. First off my dad and mom got a divorcee a couple of months ago. I guess I should've seen that coming because they had been fighting much more than usually back then.

Mom never really told me why they were going to split up but somehow I knew that one of them was cheating. Unfortunately I was right and it was mom. She told dad she felt no love from him and that he only cared about his job which is what caused her to go to another man. I never met this man but I hated him for tearing my family apart.

The day mom got her things I stayed at home with dad because she wanted me to think about who I wanted to go with. My first choice was mom because she and I were very close. However that changed when I heard she had a 7 year old son with this man. This hurt me greatly because she had been cheating on my dad for about 7 years now. I felt so much hatred towards her that I decided to go with my dad. He was surprised at my decision and so was I after a while.

However dad was not all innocent in the relationship. He to had a secret that I learned very quickly. It turns out he was cheating as well with Cecilia, my mom's little sister. Of course it could be a little more innocent since they have been only dating a year. “I think you went the wrong direction David,” Cecilia said as she looked at the map.

“Darn it,” dad said annoyed. “This road has to many streets!”

“Don't worry David. We'll find the right way,” Cecilia said with a smile. Dad laughed and I watched as Cecilia gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

Cecilia Marsh was the new woman my dad was married to, They both always had an attraction to each other but I didn't notice it till later. I didn't hate her for she was my aunt and we got along pretty well but a part of me was angry at her for not telling me about their relationship.

Because of their new marriage my school life was over. Everyone found out and called my mom a slut. My so called friends stopped hanging out with me and I soon found out they started the rumors. At that time the only person I had was my grandmother. She was sick with cancer but maintained her loving attitude. When she died in May I went over the edge. I ran away from home and got into a little trouble. My dad eventually found me and, even when I pleaded with him not to do it, he sent me back to school were things just got even worse.

My last straw was when I overheard my mom saying she didn't truly care for me. I found this out when I went to the store one night and saw her talking to some new friends. Turns out she only stayed in our family so she could have dad's money. After that I reclined from the world and stopped talking. I couldn't take anymore lies and betrayal from the ones I thought cared for me.

Every night for about a month, I stared at my grandmother's picture and played with the ruby heart necklace she gave me for my seventeenth birthday. That night I cried for a good long time. I then went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like somebody else. I then reached into the drawer and pulled out a pocket knife that dad gave me. It slowly went against my skin and I pushed it hard to the vein.

I hesitated and tried to think was it really worth it to kill myself. Soon everything came back to haunt me and I felt empty as if nothing else could harm me so badly. At that moment I felt intense pain against my arm, a type of burning that I never felt. I looked down and saw a giant cut around my right wrist. All I did was smile. I then looked at my other arm and did the exact same thing. The blood began to rush out but not fast enough; I wanted a fast death. I put the knife to my neck and shook. I never went this far when I cut my self. I felt a moment of fear but it soon disappeared and was replaced with hatred. I yelled and jabbed the knife straight into the side of my neck.

I didn't scream or cry. I just went to the floor grinning. The pain that I was feeling was nothing compared to the betrayal of so many people. Soon my head began to feel lightheaded and I fell fully to the floor. The last thing I remember is the voice of Cecilia screaming my name and then to my father to call an ambulance.

When I woke up I was in the hospital. Cecilia was by my bed side and my dad was sleeping in a chair against the wall. I didn't dare wake them for I knew that they would only yell at me. I laid pack down and looked out the window; it was raining. It was a little ironic to me to see the rain on a day like this.

After what happened my dad quit his job and decided to move to California. He thought it would be good for me to get a new atmosphere. Cecilia had also kept a watchful eye on me and won't leave me alone. Dad told me before we left that I would be seeing a councilor which I wasn't to thrilled about.

And that is how I ended up in this situation. I ruined my life even more when I tried to end everything like that. I laid in the back seat as dad and Cecilia talked. I closed my eyes once more and pleasantly dreamed about my grandmother and her vibrant smile.