Chapter 5: Remember That Trip We Took In Mexico?

Chapter 5: Remember That Trip We Took In Mexico?

~River's POV~

I woke up to silence. This was very unusual here in the tour bus. I got up to see what was going on.

I saw nobody. I checked the entire bus. Nobody. I walked outside. Nobody. Where did they disappear to? They wouldn't just leave me here would they?

I turned around to go back in only to be grabbed around the waist and be pulled into someone's chest.

"Riker!" I laughed, turning around. Well.... it wasn't Riker.

"Surprise!" Chad said, smiling from ear to ear.

"Chad?!" I smiled, jumping into his arms. He twirled me around and set me on the ground.

He chuckled, "I missed you babe!" Oh shit.

"Um Chad I need to tell you something," I mumbled. I quickly drug him into the bus, away from anyone who might be outside.

"What is it?" he asked as we sat down on the couch. The expression on his face killed me, but if I didn't say this now, he would be crushed later.

You're probably confused as to what's going on here. Well, technically, Chad is my boyfriend. I know, I know. I'm a good for nothing cheater blah blah. Whatever. 

"River? What's going on?" a voice from the doorway asked. I looked over to see, of course, Riker.

"Hey Riker...." my voice trailed off as I said his name.

He looked at my lovingly, then over at Chad with confusion written in his face, "Who's this?"

"I'm Chad!" Chad said, getting up and shaking Riker's hand, "and also River's-"

"Friend!" I shouted before he could say anything else, "He is River's friend. And River is his friend... And I'm talking in third person...." I giggled nervously.

"No really who is this guy?" Riker demanded, squaring Chad up.

"This is my.... boyfriend. Chad, meet Riker," I hesitated. It was better now than later I guess.

Riker's face fell and he sighed and said, "I'll wait outside. Everyone else is at the beach. When you two are ready come outside and I'll take you there."

With that, Riker left. Chad wasn't too worried about the whole situation so he went to get ready for the beach. I decided that I might as well get ready too as well as mentally prepare for the awkward walk to the beach.

I changed into a swimsuit and put on a sun dress over it. I packed a small bag with sunglasses, my phone, my iPod, and some cash, just in case.

I walked outside and found Riker standing there, waiting for me. I smiled at him. He didn't return the smile but simply started walking toward the beach after Chad was ready to go.

I left Chad a bit behind so I could speak to Riker alone.

"What's up with you grumpy?" I asked, even though I very well knew what was wrong.

"You know you didn't have to keep your boyfriend a secret. I knew about him the whole time," Riker said, taking me aback. 

"Riker I'm sorry-" he cut me off, holding his hand up in front of my face.

"It's fine. Really I'm not upset," he sounded genuine but something in his tone told me he wasn't convinced.

We continued walking toward the beach in silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a while later. Probably about 7 pm. We were still on the beach but everyone had left so it was only the band and I still on the beach. We were all gathered around a small fire.

I was cuddled up in Chad's lap, his arm wrapped around me as the boys strummed their acoustic guitars they had brought out earlier.

Riker cleared his throat and strummed a different tune from the rest. The boys picked up the tune as well. I guess they knew the song. Maybe it was one of their new ones. I don't really know.

"Remember that trip we took in Mexico?" Riker sang. I had never heard this song so I listened closely as they played, letting my eyes fall closed with the sounds of the acoustic guitars harmonizing with each other.

"Hangin with the boys and all your senoritas.

I never spoke up yeah I never said hello.

But I keep on tryin to find a way to meet yeah." Riker sang the first verse. 

Rocky took over the vocals then, "I was chillin you were with him hooked up by the fire,

Now he's long gone I'm like so long now I got my chance now I now I got my chance." 

At this point, Ross began singing, "Like damn. You could be the one that could mess me up,

you could be the one that'll break me.

Damn, all them other girls say they had enough, 

would could be the one that'll take me.

I was solo livin yolo till you blew my mind.

Like damn you could be the one that could mess me up.

I can't let you can't let you pass me by." 

They stopped playing and looked around at each other and everyone else around the fire. Riker just stared at me.

"That was awesome guys! I love it," I said, clapping for their performance.

"You'll love it even more when we're done with it," Rydel said, proud to be part of the writing process.

I looked back at Riker who was staring intensely at me. I brushed it off as Ross began to play another song.

A/N: This story is still on hold....ish for now. Whenever I get inspiration, I'll just start writing and, if the last chapter has already gotten 50 reads, I'll publish it. Which is kinda what you guys did with this. I think that's all so yeah BYEE :D