WE ARE PARAMORE!

• Dedicated to All the Paramore fans out there!

Hello people who are reading this, what is this? Well it is a 'report' on the first ever concert I've been too. I wrote it for my school's magazine but it got regected by the pompus prats cause apparently they don't want their pupils having fun or reading something different other than school related stuff (which no-one reads0 and about half of the school went to this concert. So, anyway, it was just a bit of fun ^,^ I really hope you like it,cause I didn't want it to go to waste! Funky Love, MJ X

.............................................................................................

Aberdeen… WE ARE PARAMORE!

The last of Paramore’s UK tour in 2010 was held in the AECC on the 20th of November. Queues of eager fans were lining up in the freezing cold; some were updating their Facebook Status’ on their mobiles, highlighting the fact of how cold they were. Of course it had to start raining on top of it all and girls started screaming, not because they had spotted Hayley, but that their hair was getting wet, me being one of them. While the boys just stood there with their hands in pockets, trying to look as if they weren’t shaking.

The line shuffled on and some girls hobbled past me in 6 inch heels.

Finally we reached the doors guarded by the people in yellow shirts. A check of my ticket and I was through the doors. The place was buzzing, the atmosphere immense!

There was a group of teenagers huddled near the burger van, sipping cola. Some Hayley look-a-likes passed by me, one who unfortunately had a red hair dye gone wrong and had acquired some ginger locks.

We headed over to check out the merchandising paraphernalia, there was a crowd of people huddled around, we managed to get to the front of the barrier my friend was peeking over my shoulder. Two tour date t-shirts, evidence that we had attended this amazing event.

I felt relieved when we found our seats, yes we were sitting, but rather that than being in the mosh pit where I would be crushed and probably splattered with beer (or something that looks like it), eesh!

As I eagerly waited in my seat, everything went dark, everyone screamed when the stage lit up. The warm up band were on stage, a small band from somewhere in England. I had never heard of them before, their music was okay, but I really just wanted to get to the good stuff and have Paramore on stage.

After they had played the Support Band came on-‘Fun’ was the band’s name. Far much better than the warm up band and I actually liked their style of playing, they were different-in a good way.

Then a black curtain fell across the stage hiding it from the crowds view.

About half an hour later the introduction to ‘Ignorance’ filled the room from the large speakers, beams of light flashed on the curtains creating the silhouettes of the band members. The flashes got brighter until the whole stage was lit up and the curtain fell, fireworks were raised and a screen had been mounted on the back wall it read, “PARAMORE!” Hayley Williams stood centre stage, microphone in hand, red hair flaring. She shouted to the crowd, “Aberdeen…WE ARE PARAMORE!” everyone screamed as she launched into the first song.

They went through many of their great songs like ‘crushcrushcrush’, ‘where the lines overlap’ and ‘misery business’ Hayley got everyone up on their feet, screaming and singing along. When ‘The only exception’ was playing the crowd swayed back and forth with glow sticks, mobile phones anything that gave off light, it looked amazing! Hayley shouted “Goodnight Scotland” and the stage went black. The crowd was chanting “Paramore…Paramore…Paramore” they stamped their feet and clapped their hands. The stage lit up again, “I heard you wanted some more” When Paramore departed the stage the crowd filled out into the cold night.

I have never screamed so loud in my life, I have never jumped up and down like that before, my feet have never hurt as much from jumping and my throat has never felt that raw. It was an amazing night, I didn’t really get the warm up band but that’s just my point of view. Anyone who attended I’m sure would agree that it was a really good performance and I for one can’t wait until their next tour of the UK.