Chapter 27

"Good luck guys." Temari said to Naruto's team. The genins beamed and said they would do their best. "I was hoping sensei would be here." Hakura pouted, looking down at her feet.
"Who said I was wasn't?" A voice from above them made them all look up. Naruto was leaning against a wall on the roof behind them. "Sensei!" The genins had exclaimed in happiness as they jumped up to their sensei.
"I'm sure you guys will do me proud." Naruto said, offering a small smirk. Their eyes narrowed. "You aren't sensei. He would never say that." Hakura said, the three going into a defensive position. The so called imposter smirked at them. "Good job." The imposter poofed into Kankuro and stood up to stretch.
"Where's sensei?" Akara asked, hopeful that they would see their sensei. Kankuro smiled at them and jerked his head to somewhere behind the genins. The three turned around so quickly they were surprise that their necks hadn't snapped. Naruto was standing behind them, pulling down the mask he had pulled over his mouth and nose. He raised a hand lazily in greeting. The three smiled, that's more like their sensei. "Remember what I have taught you guys?" The three nodded. "You guys did well during training. Think like how you did during training. Rely on whatever I have taught you and use them accordingly, you guys will do just fine." Naruto said, reaching over almost hesitatingly to ruffle their hair even though the boys were a little taller than he was and Hakura was the same height as he was. The three shared a grin when they turned to head into the designated area to wait for the examination to start.

Naruto tapped his fingers on the table as he looked on worriedly at his students through the monitors. The sand siblings smiled at Naruto's worry for his students. His students were stuck in a sand storm and other team are trying to get close to them to kill them off. The point of the examination was to find the check points and to get the scroll each team has. Get as many as you can and get all the check points and head towards the finishing point. But if your time is running out, you choose whether you want to proceed and risk whatever the consequences might be or head towards the tower with what you have.This was a one and a half day event. The terrain might be dangerous but this was mimicking the reality that not all missions have all the time in the world and some have really short time limit. Killing is allowed, which Naruto is somewhat upset about. He didn't want his team killed for kami's sake!
"Relax Naru." Temari said but all she received was him biting his finger and a frown marring his beautiful face. Naruto never bits the fingernail just the actual finger itself, he doesn't want to wreak his nails but he still needs something to occupy his mouth. Naruto watched as the sand storm died down and his students immediately took off, leaving false trails to throw there enemies off. Naruto smiled slightly at that, they're progressing. Team Naruto quickly took down multiple teams and got their check points along the way. A few had been carefully disguised but they found it anyways. They defeated any team that came their way and in total retrieved 30 scrolls, some enemies had already stolen some scrolls and now they're just merely taking it away.
Once they found all the check points, they started running as fast as they could towards their destination. The tower in the centre of the arena grew bigger as they neared. Their time was running out and they have a number of teams on the pursue for them. Once Team Naruto's feet touch the area of the arena, they cheered and the others behind them running after them groaned in frustration. Those teams had little to none scrolls and an almost finished check point card.
"Alright everyone! Congratulations on making it back alive! Now please can each team step towards one proctor and hand over all your scrolls, remember to be careful." Temari said, adding a hint at the end, gesturing to the row of jonins and the Kages are standing there among the jonins. Naruto was leaning against the walls, hidden in the shadows with his arms crossed, watching his team. His team had received the most scrolls and collected all check points therefore the most valuable and with the most information, meaning the most targeted. He saw his team frown and look at each other, conveying a silent message.
"Be careful?" Hakura whispered to her teammates.
"The questions is why Kages would stand with the proctors... Unless!" Akara whispered, a realisation hitting him. The other two frowned before they followed his train of thought and realised what he was implying. They waited for all teams to head towards a jonin of their choice, team Naruto head towards their kage. Everyone watched in curiosity as to why they are heading towards their kage. The three bows down and stayed in front of Gaara, giving him the storage scroll and their check card. "Ah. The examination is now over! Only one team passed!" Temari exclaimed, making the genins whisper amongst each other wondering who passed and wasn't the examination already over when they entered the place?
"Team 7 from Suna passed! You guys recognised the hint and thought through it all carefully. The point of this is that you are the kage's men! You are to report to them no matter what. Any one could be a spy and all this jonins are all spies! You have just compromised your village's safety and you have lost your life." Naruto's team looked at each other before they cheered. We made our sensei proud!