Sun Kissed

Hello again, guys! You didn't think I'd abandoned you all on here, did you? ;)

Anyhow: I'm working on a new book, Sun Kissed, which I'm going to be posting on here now. I'm hoping to write exactly the light, fluffy summer romance that I love so much!

Also, my books The Kissing Booth and now also Rolling Dice are available in paperback and ebook, so please go purchase! If you can't find a paperback in your local bookstore, then you can try Amazon :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday 25th June

Day One

2:45pm (Spanish time)

As if things weren’t bad enough already, I’ve just discovered a huge zit right in the middle of my forehead. Ugh! And the air just tastes stale; one more reason to hate flying. Usually, it doesn’t bother me, but the turbulence on this flight has been horrendous. I had to run to the bathroom when the air hostess wasn’t looking –

            Speaking of, she’s pounding on the door right now.

            “Excuse me, miss? You must return to your seat right away – the captain’s switched on the seatbelt signs…”

            I suppose I’d better get back to my seat then.

            I flush the toilet and raise an eyebrow at the air hostess, daring her to reprimand me. She doesn’t. I feel kind of bad for being difficult – she’s just doing her job, after all – but I’m too grumpy to feel too guilty.

            “It’ll be fun,” Mom said.

            “You’ll have a fantastic time over there,” Dad said.

            Yeah, right.

            Are they crazy? This is supposed to be the best summer of my life! I was going to spend a month in the Hamptons with my cousin, Carly, and I’d planned to go on a road trip with Hannah and Payton, and…

            Well, it doesn’t matter what I had planned for this summer now. None of it matters, because it’s not happening.

            No, instead they’re shipping me off to stay with Aunty Jillian for the whole summer.

            Jillian moved to Spain about two and a half years ago, shortly after her divorce. We’d always been close when I was growing up, so I was devastated when she moved. But she said she needed to get away from the city, from everything that reminded her of her “lying, cheating scumbag of an ex-husband”.

            After the whole incident with Tripp, my lifelong crush, at the end-of-school party last week though, I can kind of see what she meant.

            Maybe getting away for the summer won’t be a total loss after all.

            Mom thought it would be a good idea for me to get away; naturally, I’d disagreed at first. I’d fought against it for the past few days, since she’d announced I’d be going to Spain for the summer. Part of me thought that she couldn’t really be serious – and kept thinking that up until I left them behind at the check-in desk.

            At that point, I had to resign myself to the fact that yes, this was actually happening.

            They were sending me away for the summer.