1

This amazing cover was made by RealityKeeper!

I just wanted to say that I'm trying out a new writing style! This one will be more vague than my usual, and the chapters will be ridiculously short. By the way, I made them short just to add an effect to the story. Don't know if it was successful or not, but so far I personally like it.

Hope you guys enjoy the new story!

*I don't own any of the Naruto characters in this story except for the Queen of Masks and maybe a few side characters*

A group of five people (a jounin, three genin, and a civilian) were walking down the road at a leisurely pace.

Among the genin, there was a raven headed boy, who was simply glaring at absolutely nothing. This was Sasuke Uchiha. There was a blue eyed blonde, grinning goofily. This was Naruto Uzumaki.

And then there was Sakura Haruno. She had sharp, green eyes and bright, pink hair. Now, Sakura was a very special girl. However, she did not know this yet, since she was considered a weakling by teammates and friends.

The jounin (Kakashi Hatake was his name) suddenly lurched to a stop. A now-silent breeze ruffled his gravity-deifying, silver hair as he motioned for his students to do the same.

Even the loudmouthed civilian, Tazuna, whom the group of ninja were escorting, noticed that something was wrong.

Kakashi noted that everything (and I mean everything) had stopped making a sound at all. From the birds to the wind, everything was now completely silent.

And then he heard it.

The twinkling jingles of wind chimes. And Kakashi knew that he had a problem on his hands.

There is a famous legend telling the story of a girl, Kakashi remembered. No one knew her age or what she looked like, since she always had a fox mask on her face, they only knew that if you ever come across her, turn and run the other direction.

She had been reported to randomly appear while ninjas were on missions and killed anyone who angered, disrespected, or simply annoyed her.

You'll know it's her when the world around you seems to go completely silent and only the sound of wind chimes can be heard. She wore a white, grey, and blue fox mask and is said to have short, blue hair.

It's said that she is the most powerful ninja to ever live.

And, as well known and respected as a ninja Kakashi might be, he knew he was no match for the Queen of Masks.