Chapter 26

After standing back up, we walked to the car telling the girls how good they did with their ballet routine.

"NAVAYA!" I heard someone call my name, causing Khale and I to both turn around.

"Um yes?" I said, squinting my eyes in the darkness. I felt Khale's grip on my hand get tighter as they came closer.

"Hey." the male's voice said.

"Oh, hey Jawan." I said, giving him a side hug. "Oh, this is my husband, Khale." I said, gesturing from Jawan to Khale. "Jawan is a old friend of mine."

"So now I'm just a friend?" he chuckled.

"Let's not." I said firmly. "So, what you need?"

"Oh, well, never mind, I'll just text you." he said, looking at Khale then back at me and waving and turning around.

"The hell this nigga talking about, textin' you, Vaya?" Khale asked while we drove home.

"Nothing. He asked for my number and I gave it to him. It's not that deep."

"yes it is."

"How so?" I said, turning to him.

"Because some nigga is textin' my wife and that ain't settin' too easy with me."

"Khale, it's not anything serious." I said, pulling out my phone.

"So you textin' him now?"

"No."

"Then who?"

"Why you need to know?" I said. He slowly just turned his head from the road to me, shook it, then turned back to the road. We stayed silent til we walked into the house. "You guys go get in your pajamas.... I gotta talk to your daddy." I said, walking into my room and closing the door and shifted my weight onto one leg. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Coulda sworn I said what was wrong with me earlier, Navaya."

"You're mad I'm texting someone that's a friend that so happens to be a guy?"

"Yes, alright. Yes I am."

"So you're telling me that all the people you text are men? They just your guy friends?"

"No, I ain't say all of that."

"Then stop being a hypocrite!"

"But at the same time none of them walkin' up to me talkin' bout some 'so I'm just a friend now?'. You shoulda been like 'Yeah you just a friend because I'M MARRIED.', Navaya."

"I can't believe you're jealous. He's my first boyfriend I ever had, Khale."

"Main reason you shouldn't be talkin' to the nigga." he said, standing up and taking off his shirt. "And ain't nobody say I was jealous, Vaya."

"Khale, it's obvious. Not all guys look at me and want me!"

"YES THEY DO!" he yelled, startling me. "You don't see it how I see it. When a guy looks at you, I automatically think they want you. So hell yeah, it puts me on defense. And I shouldn't be." he said, taking off his pants too.

"Baby, you're right. You shouldn't be." I said, walking over to him. "You wanna know why?" I asked, looking up at him as he simply raised his eyebrow at my question. "Because, our wedding vows said we'll always be together, til death do us part. I'd never leave you babe...." I said, pushing him on the bed and sitting on his lap. "You know I love you right?"

"Yeah..."

"You don't love me?"

"Of course I love you. But I'm still gettin' mad when these niggas lookin' at you, then at me like 'Why you with him?'"