Shi No Numa

I looked at it with the most utter digust. It's feet dragged on the ground as it slowly moved towards me. I sat still in my chair watching it struggle to walk. It's eyes glowed in a hollow yello. It's face was wrinkled frail like a crushed sheet of paper, the body was discolored, almost like a green. The smell of decay hung in the air. It made me want to gag, but I was used to it. It was how the whole world smelled now. It let out an aching moan of despair and bloodlust. It's bony hand reached out to me. I stood up and placed the gun to it's head. I almost felt bad for it. Almost. I pulled the trigger. It's head exploded in a red mist. Blood splattered against the wall, It spewed from it's neck and onto the floor. Pices of brain scattered the room. It's limp body fell to the ground. I liked it better without a head.

"Are you ok." I turned around to see him looking over at me. His eyes were filled with concern, no doubt because of the emotionless blunt look on my face. "You sure made a mess.", he sofly laughed. I continued to stare. He sighed "Come on", He signaled over to the exit. I began to walk, leting him lead the way. Outside there was no sign of life. As if the world has died. Because of those disgusting things the world was turned into a mass chaos of destruction. I don't remember when they first came. It was strange because I didn't remember much of anything at all. I didn't recal life before meeting the doctor. But I do remember waking up on the cold hard floor next to three strangers. That was the first time I saw him. He stared down at us with a devious smile. 'Welcome' was what he said. The three of us followed him. We had no choice, we were lost and confused. We needed someone to lead us. I remember waking up. The first thing I felt as a awoke was anger, pure anger. Maybe it was the anger of feeling lost, or maybe something else. The three men I lay beside looked just as confused as I was. I checked my suroundings. It looked as though I was in some kind of broken down chinese hut. My eyes were vividly moving left and right as I tried to make sense of all of it. I grapsed the floor as though I wasn't sure it was real. I turned on my side and began to push myself up. I stood slowly, I flet as though i've been drugged and are going through the after affects. The three men also stood beside me. They all looked to be in their mid to early 30's. Each man looked significanly different from the other. A chinese man stood with pride, even though he was disorientated. Next to him was a rough looking rusian. His wobbled back and forth before he regained balance. The final stood next to me. I could tell by his uniform that he was american. He was a soldier. We were all so differnt from another. Why were we brought to this place?, I wondered, but I never got the answer. A man in a german uniform came through the door. We all turned our heads to him. "You are all finnally awake...Excellent."

"Where the hell am I!", The american demanded.

"Calm down Dempsey, all will be explained" The man soothed. The american took no comfort in his word though.

"How do you know my name?", He sneered.  The man laughed.

"I know all of your names.", The man walked over to the chinese."Takeo", he pointed. Takeo stared at him in disbelief. The man then walked over to the russian. "You are Nikoli, the hopeless drunk."

Nikoli laughed."Well he is right about that." The man then loooked at Dempsey. Dempsey growled. The man then bent down over me.

"And you are Ava, the little girl". I gave him a stern look. I folded my arms in resentment.  "Fine, Ava the big girl.", he mocked. I scowled from his words. He walked back so that he could face all of us. He bowed. "I am doctor Rictofen. It's a pleasure to meet you." Dempsey took a step forward.

"You still haven't answered my question...Where the fuck are we!!!", he screamed.

Rictofen laughed. "You ugly americans are so impatient." Dempsey rulled up his sleeves. You could feel the anger venting form him.