Prologue

"I was just thinking about our story. 9 days was all it took for me to fall head over hills for somebody I had been looking for since I ever even thought about niggas. The way we connect and communicate, the way we listen and take care of the other. This distance we deal with so we can better ourselves and never have to struggle. Trusting and believing in each other's hearts instead of our words. The way just hearing you call me "Bae" makes my day better, the way your smile just makes it all worth it. I truly thank God for you"

That's the text that placed my heart on my sleeve.
I found it absolutely fascinating that we were in two totally different regions of the country and remain incredulously infatuated with one another. Countless times one had asked the other "What have you done to me?" only to receive the simple nonchalant reply of "Nothing" with a sly smile at the end of our words. Our days were mere hours and our hours feel like minutes, times truly flies when your having fun. When I met him I never pin pointed him to be the sweet, affectionate, fall fast type. But I wasn't that type at all & I knew it, but I thought maybe just maybe he'd make me feel different. I'm sorry I'm all caught up in him and I neglected to introduce myself.