A New Friend

1st person
Anthony's p.o.v.

I backed away, "Mak, you're crazy," I exclaimed.

"And if you tell the cops, well, let's just say, we won't be together anymore," I didn't say anything for a while, is that your threat, I held my head in my hand.

"Mak, is that seriously your threat, what if I just ended it right now," I saw Mak walk over to Rachel, I've been dating a crazy person this entire time, I followed her slowly.

"Do you care about her?"

I shrugged, "I guess we're faintly friends."

"Well then," I watched Mak grab Rachel by the neck and slowly pull her out of the bed.

"Mak, stop, you're gonna kill her."

She gave me this evil glare and said, "that's the point," I looked at Rachel, she looks so cute when she's helpless, no Anthony, don't think like that, what's wrong with you. "See, he doesn't care for you, he's just standing there," I didn't know what to do so I ran towards Mak and tackled her to the floor.

This went on for about five minutes, then a doctor came in, "ummm... d-d-doctor," I heard Rachel mumble.

I got up and turned around, "ummm, this isn't what it looks like," I said quickly and startled, then I realized it was the really bad doctor that should just be fired.

He shrugged, "just don't do it again, I'm just here to give Rachel her pain medicine."

"Isn't that the nurse's job," I asked him.

"I decided I wanted to do it instead," Mak turned normal again, then me, Mak, and Rachel just gave him this look just saying 'alright?'

After the doctor left I turned to Mak and said, "you can leave, no one wants you here, I don't see why I ever even dated you," I turned away and pointed to the door with my eyes closed.

"But, Anthony," why the heck is she acting all innocent now, "I was just joking around, I could never kill someone."

"Mak, you don't just joke around like that, it's not funny, you've turned into a bipolar, over dramatic girlfriend, we're through," I never made eye contact throughout all of this and I never felt any sorrow what so ever, I can't believe I actually thought she was the one. I walked over and sat on the bed with Rachel.

Rachel's p.o.v.

Ummmm, this is awkward, Anthony saved my life, got into a major fight with Mak, Mak is crazy, and they broke up, I have no idea what to say, I mean, I never do, so, no difference really, "are you okay," I heard Anthony ask.

"Yeah," I said quietly, "I just thought I was going to die," this made Anthony laugh a little bit, causing me to smile and blush a little.

"Shall I be the one who try's to start a conversation," I smiled again and nodded my head, "alrighty, well, you kind of act like a little girl."

What's that supposed to mean, instead of saying that, I kind of just shrugged my shoulders like I didn't care, "I don't know how to act without a friend by my side," I said, trying to hold back tears.

"What do you mean?"

"My, ummmmm, my," I was about to cry and I think Anthony could tell.

"You don't have to tell me if it's too personal," he out his hand over mine and I don't think he realized it, stop being stupid, stop making it obvious, he saw that I was staring at his hand on mine and he quickly took it away, "sorry, I didn't mean to."

I gave a little smile without him noticing it, "about the friend by my side thing, I-uh-my only friend died... in a car accident," I could feel the tears start to roll from my eyes and I turned away.

"I-I didn't know that, it must stink not having a friend to talk to," I was too busy crying to talk back to him, before I knew it, he was hugging me, nothing too serious, just a friendly hug.

"I haven't had a hug from someone in what seems like forever," I muttered.

"I'll always be here for you, even though I just met you, I feel like I've known you my entire life, you're smart, do you know what that's called?"

I shrugged, "who knows, I'm just glad I have a friend now," Anthony leaned closer to me and gave me a stronger hug, I then leaned on his chest and accepted the hug, I never want this to end.