Teenage Life, tell me about it

Rhian woke up just like any other day and sat in bed, this day was different it was her birthday and also the first day of school, she was turning 16, she came down from her bed and entered the toilet to take a shower she was out in 20 minutes “Mummy!!!” “Yeah sweetie” Jasmine called from downstairs “Where are my tights” “Check in the drawer with your underwear” “Thanks” she found a pair of black tights, she wore them under a grey miniskirt along with a white shirt and platforms.

    “Hey mummy, hey daddy” she pecked Nick on his cheek as she came down the steps “mmmmm what’s for breakfast” “Pancakes” her mother said “Cool” she sat beside Nick on the table while Jasmine prepared their breakfast “So” “What” she looked at her dad “Your 16 today, what do you want to do” “I don’t know really, maybe dinner.......party” she batted her eyelashes at Nick “I know that look Rhian tell me what you really want and I might just consider it” she thought for a moment “Party then, but not today Saturday maybe.....ooh I’m late, love you, see you after school” she kissed her dads cheek said bye to her mother and left the house.

     Rhian got on the bus and went over to sit with her best friend Anne Marie Cross, Maria and Jacobs daughter “Hey Anne watsup” “hey Rhian Happy Birthday” “Thanks” “Welcome....ooh love your shoes, where’d you get them” “Nine West, enough of that today’s the first day of school what are we gonna do” “I'm guessing we have fun and maybe a little trouble” “Coolies, can’t wait” they sat on the bus and kept on chattering away until they arrived at the bus stop “Well here we go”. They walked into school and went straight to their form rooms.

     Anne and Rhian sat at the same table in class and waited for their teacher Richard Gates to come to class, at the back of the class Drake Patterson was sitting very close to his girlfriend Rachel Smith and was whispering something in her ear and she giggled, Rhian rolled her eyes when she saw this “Ugh do they always have to be this way, always snogging and whispering it absolutely disgusts me” “Rhian just because you liked him in upper 5 doesn’t mean you should be a hater....” “I'm not hating serious can we forget about them for once please” “Ok fine” Mr Gates walked into the classroom and they greeted him “Welcome back students, hope you had a great holiday, but now you have to work hard if you want to make it this year okay....right before I forget....Miss Parker would you like to stand up for a minute” “Sure....” “Everyone I would like you to wish Rhian Happy Birthday” everyone congratulated her and she sat down “Okay, everyone here are your timetables, have a great year, good luck” she sighed and looked at Anne “Well what do you have first” “English you” “BioChem” “Okay see you during Calculus” “Ok” she walked  down the hall to her BioChem class, she walked in and sat at a table behind the class plugged in her earphones and started listening to some music before the class started, she put her head on the table and started daydreaming, that was when someone tapped her, she sighed then lifted her head and looked straight into Drake Patterson’s grey eyes “Oh” and she moved down for him to sit, after he sat there was a long silence before he finally turned to talk to her “Hi Rhian what’s good” she removed her earphones “Oh hi, I'm good just chillin you” “Same” “Cool” that was the last thing she said to him till the class ended “Well bye I guess” “Bye....Oh before I forget Happy Birthday” “Thanks”

        Rhian walked into the cafeteria and searched for Anne she found her sitting at a table with Amelia Brown and Paige Stevens, “Can you believe it, he’s in my BioChem class, can life get any worse” Anne giggled and looked at her “Nah, just take heart aite” she sat down beside them on the table and was soon engrossed in the topic “Rhian what are you doing for your birthday” Anne asked her “Nothing today, but daddy says I can have a party over the weekend” she pushed a lock of hair out of her face unlike her mum her hair was a mixture of both her parents blondish blackish “Cool, what are we gonna do then” they looked at each other “Shopping!!” they said together and got up to go to their next class “See you after Lit” Anne said and walked out of the cafeteria , Rhian finished up her drink stood up, brushed her skirt and walked out of the cafeteria , at the other end of the cafeteria Drake sat at a table with Rachel who was leaning very close to him but he didn’t notice he was watching Rhian walk out of the cafeteria “Who are you looking at?” Rachel asked him “No one, I'm just thinking” “About?” “Nothing in particular” “Oh ok......let’s get to class then” they stood up and left.