Chapter 5

Three days had past, we were on the road, almost at New York.
"Are we there yet?!" my little brother Josh said.
"That is the nineteenth time you've asked that!" I said annoyed.
"Well, I'm bored!" he shouted. "You won't be for long, because we are here now," Mom replied.
I moaned and got out when Mom parked.
"Wow, I didn't know the house was so big," I wasn't use to big, fancy things, I was use to small, simple things.
Megan ran over to me as soon as she saw me.
"Uh, hey Megan?" I said. "Hey! It's about time you got here!" Megan said excitedly.
"Well, who's this?" Mother asked.
"Hi Mrs. Brown, I'm Megan Murphy," she smiled.
"Well, it's very, nice to meet you," Mother smiled back. "Well, I gotta put my stuff up, you know, get settled in," I replied.
"I could help you unpack!" Megan said excitedly.
"If you want," I sighed.
Megan skipped to the house.

Twenty nine minutes later, we were finally done!
"Well, bye bye people," Megan said as she started to walk out the door.
"Megan, you are more than welcome to stay for dinner," Mother suggested.
"Well, if you insist, but I have to go ask my parents, they'll be worried if I don't," she replied.
Megan went to ask her parents, and of course, they said yes.
It was hard to say no to Megan!

"Your friend is very sweet, she reminds me a lot of," Mom stopped, "Brianna," Mom tried not to cry.
"Are you guys okay?!" Megan asked concerned.
"Oh," a tear dropped from Mom's eye, "I'm fine."
Mom left the room.
Megan looked at me.
"After Brianna got lost, we were devastated, it took a piece of all of us," I went to the living room, Megan followed after me, "...Do you wanna meet Jay now?" she tried getting my mind off of Brianna.
"Sure, why not?" I grabbed my jacket, "Mom, I'm going to meet Megan's friend, I'll be back in a few," I yelled.
Mom came downstairs, "Okay," she just barely said, "Dinner will be ready soon."

I followed Megan to Jay's house, I just walked in while Megan knocked.
Megan looked at me, "What? Did I track mud?" I looked behind myself.
"Just...nothing," she replied.
Jay came downstairs, "Are you the pizza guy?" he asked.
"What? No! I'm Megan Murphy's friend, are you Jay Rivers?" I asked.
"Oops, my bad, sorry, and yes, I am Jay Rivers. By the way, Megan, you can come in ya know," he replied.
"Oh, yeah... This is Sarah," she said.
"Yeah, we met," Jay laughed.