Chapter 19

I got out of the car and jogged up to him who was heading towards my house. "Really, we should watch movies some other time." I slightly begged. Why now? It wasn't only because my parents were home, it was already pretty late, a school night, and I had stuff to do. This is what happens when I try to be nice.

"I have nothing planned, so now is good." He smiled over at me. An evil, terrible, stupid smile.

When we got up to my door he moved over so I could open it. But why would I do that? "I don't want to watch movies right now, so I'll just wait for you to leave." It was childish but he was being the @ss here.

"Okay." He looked at the door and lifted his hand.

"NO!" I tried and failed to move his arm as he rang the doorbell. Sometimes my common sense left me. "@sshole." I whispered to him right before my mom answered the door.

"Hello Clyde!" She greeted happily. Ugh. "Alex, where's your key?" Her mood wasn't as jubilant.

"Right here." I lifted them for her to see.

"Well come in." She ignored me and moved for him to enter.

"Thanks, Amanda." Clyde said all politely and cutesy, walking in like he was a great person. "Alex invited me to watch a movie." He smirked over at me. He's such a d!ck.

"Well actually, I didn't want to watch movies today." I countered, not about to fall to his games.

"And what's wrong with today?" Thanks mom for never really taking my side.

"It's a school night." And you're here and will think this is a date and annoy me to no end, I thought. "Where's dad?" He would have my back. He and I had a better connection like that.

"He's sleeping. He's really tired. Too much work." Thanks life. I blame life for this. My mom is going to bug me to death.

"Fine Clyde you win!" I said out of nowhere causing them to both give me a questioning look. "We'll watch this movie tonight." I said, keeping a loud tone. "But when she bugs me about you and I being in a relationship, which we're not," I looked at my mom, "And all this other stuff she will say, I want you to know that with each passing word, I will hate you more and more." I finalized and went to sit on the couch, stretching my feet to signal I'd be sitting on this one alone. My mom probably didn't like what I said, but knowing her she might not even have cared.

I just wanted to do my homework.

"And mom, can you make us some snacks?" I was pushing my luck, but I felt tired and cranky.

"Sure." She said after some time. I was slightly in shock, but knowing my mom, she agreed in order to not look like the bad guy in front of Clyde. She always wanted to seem like the best person ever in front of guests. Whatever.

"Damn, you went full crazy right then." Clyde said after she was gone and went to sit on the other couch. I just laughed out loud. I guess becoming crazy made me a bit hysterical.

I turned on the t.v. and went onto amazon to find a movie to watch.

"Here you go." My mom had come back and was giving Clyde his snacks. I was still searching for a movie. "Here." She came over to me, handing me a Sprite, a bowl of popcorn and a snickers bar. I set everything on the floor except the snickers and tore its wrapper.

"Thanks mom."

"Thanks Amanda." We both spoke in unison.

"You're welcome." She smiled. "Alexa, I'll be in my room if you need anything." She said before retreating up the stairs.

"How do you feel about Wreck-It Ralph?" I asked after some more searching.

"Sure." He sounded distant and uncaring. I looked over at him to see what was up. He just stared back.

"You have an uncanny ability to stare unwavering at people. You know that?" I asked not caring what I was saying. It wasn't that I said anything bad, but me in the right mind would probably never have brought that up anyways.

"Usually I just look at someone and space out, forgetting that I was looking at them in the first place."

"So what do you think about when you space out? Like, do you think about that person or is your mind completely blank, or do you start thinking about life and stuff?"

"It depends." Was all he said, ending the conversation. He then got up, holding all of his items, and came over to where I was, placing his snacks on the ground. I just looked at him, not moving my legs.

He frowned a bit, and moved my legs sitting at the other end. Not wanting to throw a tantrum and tell him to go back to the other couch I simply moved my knees up to my chest to make room for him.

About an hour later, the t.v. now off and forgotten, are snacks completely gone, we were just talking. "I just hate how I'm always crying. Everytime I want to put on a strong front, I can't because the tears just come." Well I was doing most of the conversating. I didn't even remember how we had gotten onto this subject.

"So it's not my fault whenever you cry?" He smirked at me jokingly. I poked his stupid dimple.

"No, it's not completely your fault." I rolled my eyes. "I just wish I could stop." I sighed.

"I don't know, maybe it's good. It shows you care." He shrugged his shoulders, looking at the carpet.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, genuinely curious.

He kept his eyes on the carpet. "I don't know." He said after some time. "I'm going home." He spoke up out of nowhere.

"Okay." I said degectedly and followed him up. I walked him to the door and without a proper goodbye he left.

I cry because... I care? Care about what?

Putting all the trash away I looked at my phone and noticed a new text. It was from Julian. Mi amor! I immediately rolled my eyes. You should go on a date with me this weekend. I won't accept no for an answer. ;)

My cheeks warmed up, and my heart beat quickened. Julian, Julian Delgado Soto was actually asking me out? No flipping way.

I then remembered what Clyde had told me. Had he known he was going to ask me out? He made it seem like Julian was a bad person but he really wasn't. And he is so adorable and funny.

Well I guess I have no choice then. I replied and went to take a shower and go to sleep. Exciting as this was, my mind was only on Clyde and how he would react to this. But why do I care?

The rest of the school week had been normal, and Julian made it appear like he never asked me out. That was good for me, I still didn't approve of how much those girls would be on top of me.

My mom also didn't bug me about the whole movie thing with Clyde. Thank goodness, although I had noticed she was more on the side of completely ignoring me. How childish.

"What movie do you want to see?" Julian said as we waited in line to get tickets. He had picked me up at 7 on Saturday acting like such a gentleman. I wore some white shorts, since it was warm out, and a plain black t-shirt with a white cardigan over top and some black combat boots. Julian was wearing khaki shorts, a white t-shirt, and some white sneakers. He looked crisp and fresh in his outfit, and I noticed some girls looking his way. I smiled feeling important.

"Anything with cartoons." I smiled at him, then looked around at the people.

I heard him chuckle beside me before ordering the tickets, popcorn and drinks. We got inside the theater and I made my way to the very top row of seats, sitting dead center.

Halfway through the movie Julian put his arm around me and pulled me close to him. I snuggled into him and continued with the movie. He put his hand under my chin and turned me to face him. His face was about an inch away and I started internally panicking.

Is he about to kiss me? Oh sh!t, he's about to kiss me. It's only the first date! Well he did seem to think things moved fast. He thought Rick and I was officially together after one date. Oh crap, he's leaning in. I just want to watch my movie.

My thoughts were halted abruptly as his lips crashed into mine. It wasn't as magical as people made it seemed, but I kissed back. That was probably all for story anyways. His lips were soft, and he started to run his tongue across my bottom lip.

I heard a loud bang and quickly turned my head to the movie screen. Oh dang, I was missing a very important part. Julian hand was on my chin again, turning me. He pressed his lips more forcefully onto mine. I didn't know what to do.

I pulled back quickly. "I have to pee." I blurted and got up without another word. I walked down the steps quickly, still watching the screen. I exited the theater sadly, knowing I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy the movie when I got back. I used the bathroom and just stayed there, looking into the mirror above the sink. I really didn't want to continue that. I felt awkward and slightly uncomfortable. That was weird wasn't it? I should enjoy it and be happy he was kissing me.

I slowly made my way back, and I think Julian had caught on to my distantly behavior and he didn't try kissing me again. He looked slightly annoyed and he was texting someone on his phone. Luckily we were in the back so no one would complain.

We left when the movie ended and I was glad to be out of there. "Are you hungry?" He asked from the driver's seat, his tone still slightly cold.

"Not really. I'm just tired. This week was a long one." I half lied. I just needed some distance between us so that I could clear my throbbing head.

"You sure?" He asked not sounding convinced.

"Yeah." I said quietly. I wasn't one to deny food, but I needed to get away. We pulled up to my house with not really much more conversation. When he parked the car a new light lit up his face.

"Have a good night mi amor." He smiled, and I was glad he wasn't mad at me for screwing everything up.

I smiled back brightly. "Good night." He leaned in and gave me another kiss that lingered for a few seconds. I didn't push him away because I didn't want him to feel regected. I really liked him, I just needed some time.

After we finished I got out the car and made my way to my house. Getting closer, I looked up and jumped back. Clyde was sitting on my front steps. I hadn't even noticed him there.

"Clyde, you scared me. Why are you here?" I asked approaching him. I sat on the step beside him. He did not look to happy. "Are you okay?" I asked timidly.

"So you went out with him anyways." He cut straight to the point, and I realized he really wasn't too happy.

But that was too bad. How can he dare be angry at me? He wasn't my father to tell me who I could and could not date. "Is there a problem?"

"He's not good for you." He stood up now, balling his fists but trying to keep calm.

"And what do you know? As far as I'm concerned, he's kind and caring. Why do you even care anyways?" I stood up too, nearly shouting.

He grabbed his hair in his hands, like he was battling with something, "You're pretty f#cking thick. You know that? I care because!-" He cut himself off. "Never f#cking mind."

"You're pretty f#cking moody. You know that?" I mimicked him. "This anger tantrum is really out of place and I'm getting sick and tired of it, and you!"

He came straight up to my face, seeming ready to give me an ear full. His eyes were blacker than night, and I was feeling scared now. Instead a new emotion flashed before his eyes, and he turned around and stalked off without another word.

I went in my house, slamming doors, only because my parents were gone. I went into my room where my tears streamed down my face. What in the actual f#ck was wrong with him? How was I even thick? I'm just so sick and tired of him completely.

Why does he care who I effing date? And why do I effing care about him being mad at me?

Author's Note: Holay Shat!! Can I get an OMG about Clyde right now? What was he about to say?

IDK IDK IDK. There is only so much I can say, you know? ;) Next Chapter is already written and should be up in a couple of days. Vote or whatever lol. SEE YA XOXO