chapter 2 - schools out

Brrriiinnnggg!

Running towards the front of my school, Riverdale High, the loud noise of the bell went off.

I looked around the familiar area, breathing in the flowery scent that lingered at this school. I always loved that scent since moving here in Jr. High. It made me feel... peaceful.

The school was two stories high, that hovered over the nicely kept hedges, flowers and lawn. There was a path way that lead up to the building on the both left and right sides that swerved almost like a figure eight. The school colors of blue, red and white were plastered everywhere from the signs to every inch of the building. Also, a set of pavement stairs were in front of the doors with a small ramp on the side for entry, with two tree like hedges on the sides. In front and center of all of it was a hedge that spelled the name of our school. Flowers surrounded it making it look delicate and alluring.

All the staff and students were rushing at the front doors, shoving each other to get to there classes quickly.

In this school, if the teachers catch you late, you would get a detention, even on the last day of school. And detention is something you wouldn't want to have. Teachers would make you clean out there classrooms from the ceiling to the floor, clean the locker rooms, including the disgusting towels and worst of all, clean the bathroom stalls, which should have been redone years ago.

I began fastly approaching front doors before they would close after the bell. That's what they would do, lock us out tell the next class and blame us for missing first period. I was the last person to scurry into the building, thankfully not locked out.

With a sigh of relief, my body began to walk towards my locker on the other side of school. 

That's one of the things I hated. Because my morning classes were always on the opposite side of my locker, most of the time I was late for class. My teacher in the morning wasn't as strict as the rest so I never got detention.

"Lily, there you are! I was looking all over the school for you!" My best friend Alyssa exclaimed.

She was definitely the most spirited and gossipy girl I have ever met. She was fairly popular for the school standard girl.Her looks were astonishing. She had blond hair that curled naturally and fell softly. Her eyes were like a sea glass color, between blue and green, sometimes with a hint of grey. Her lips were, by guy standards, perfect and was overly all... beautiful.

Since we were little kindergarteners, she has been my best and only friend. I was sorta a loner and was to myself a lot. Having her as a friend made my life every bit more interesting.

"um... sorry Al, I was late getting out of my house." I replied looking off in the distance.

I couldn't keep my mind off of the stupid trip my mom wants me to go on and the nightmare that keeps haunting me. My best friend knowing me too well, knew something was up because I could see the concern but also the curiosity in her eyes.

"What's up, I know something is going on!" She asked.

"I don't really want to talk about it. It's nothing." I muttered irritated.

"It's not nothing, I know you better then anyone. Tell me now!" She pressed more.

Knowing her, she wouldn't let up until I told her but I wasn't giving in this time.

" No, drop it. So what's new?" I probed trying to squeeze out of the topic.

" Your not getting out of this. Tell me or I won't stop asking!" she demanded with determination in her voice. Staying silent, Alyssa was getting bothered so she continued.