Daggers- Chapter 3

I haven't posted all weekend, buuut that was because I was down in SOCAL visitng a friend of mne in college!! It was really fun, and I can't wait for my college career to start! Stupid quarter system being all late. Anyways, this was reeeaaally long in word, but it will probly only be like 2 pages in here... :(  Oh well!

Please Comment and vote!! I want some input please!!

*-* starryeyed

***********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 3- The Legend

Galloping. Neighing. Screaming. The distant thump of the alarm. The clatter of people, animals moving. Crying…my sisters and brother crying! I circle around and see my mother trying to get all three of my siblings into her arms, while also carrying a bag and trying to pack a few essentials inside. I go into the short front hallway that leads to the front yard, to get another bag to help, only to have the door almost collide with my body.

“Takeo! What are you doing here? Go out the back door from the kitchen and leave! The only reason they would be out here is for you! What are you waiting for? GO!” Sinelie pushed me back towards the kitchen and grabbed the bag out of my hands. She went around the living room, taking the bag from my mother and stuffing all the items she could grab inside.

“GO!”

I shook my head from the daze I was in, and walked into the kitchen to the back door by the breakfast table. I reached out to the doorknob, but before I could touch it I changed my mind. I can’t leave my family behind. I turned around to survey what else needs to be done. The kitchen can’t be saved, maybe a pot or two for the road, mom and Sinelie have the living room covered, and we could buy a few clothes, all we need is some money from the safe. Decision made, I took a step forward, but I couldn’t move. Is it from the shock that they’re finally taking me?

“Takeo, what are you---” My mom just stood there, gaping at something behind my shoulder. Sinelie stopped moving too, and she put her hands up above her head in a surrender motion, but the doorway was blocking the cause for her actions.

“Time to go.” A low voice said from directly behind me.

I swivel my head to the right and up, and I see a man over a head taller than me, with short dirty blond hair smirking down at me. My head turned slightly to the side, I arch one eyebrow at the man, but I don’t think he get’s my hint.

“Let go.”

He let’s go of my arms, and I take a step back and turn around to fully face him. His smirk turned into a grin, and he jerked his back and to the side towards the door.

“Well? Do we have to use force?”

The house was eerily quiet. I glanced at my family, only to see soldiers surrounding them. Shit. If I don’t follow this guy’s orders, will his soldiers attack my family? No, they’re women and children, he wouldn’t dare defy the laws of this country. I ran a hand through my short hair, thinking about all the options. There aren’t many actions I can take, I could either follow this guy and enter the army, or I could try and escape. I could escape on my own pretty easily, he is the only one blocking the door, and most of his soldiers are concentrated behind me, in the front of the house, if not all of them. They usually don’t send more then ten soldiers to recruit. He probably has a horse just outside the kitchen door, and if he doesn’t, I could run to the stables and mount Peanut and be on my way. But nothing is certain about his actions, he could be a really good fighter for all I know. Should I take the chance? The cry of two year olds broke me out of my thoughts, staring at the man who now wore an expecting expression on his face, I knew what I had to do.