The 73rd Annual Hunger Games (District 6)

Author Note

Ok so this is my first story. I don't know if anyone will like it so. Comment if you do because I won't be writing anymore if no one reads, SO COMMENT PLEASE!

-----------------------------------

I wake up to sun glistening through my windows. Today was the reaping. I get out of my bed and head to my closet to find some decent clothes. I put on simple black pants and an old brown top, I don't care how I look for the reaping, the capitol is sending 23 kids to there death. Why should I look nice for that?I walk out of my room to find my 18 year old brother starring at me. "Wow" he says sarcastically "you look amazingly beautiful today" then he mutters something about me never getting a husband and walks into our small tattered kitchen. I flick him over the head as I follow him to the kitchen. We sit down at the table for breakfast. There is already bread and friut waiting for us. We start eating as my mom comes into the kitchen. I take a bite of my Apple, that's when the screaming starts "REID" my mom yells "YOU CAN'T WHERE THAT TO THE REAPING, GO TO YOUR ROOM AND CHANGE INTO SOMETHING NICER, GO!" I go to my room and swing open my closest door, I grab the nicest clothes I have. And pull them on. I brush my hair and pull it into a short thick braid across the back of my head. I guess it took me a while to get dressed because I hear my mom yelling, "RIED, SETH, ITS TIME TO GO, PUT ON YOUR SHOES YOUR GOING TO BE LATE!" I run out of my room, I say goodbye to my mom and my dad who was woken up from the screaming. Me and Seth hurry out the door a little frightened of our mother. Our parents don't bother coming to the reapings, they say since Seth is 18 and I'm 14 we're old enough to go by ourselves. They don't think we're going to get picked since we have haven't entered our names for the tesserae. I'm a little scared for Seth though, he has his name entered 7 times this year. That's less than most 18 year olds but its still a lot, my name is only entered 3 times, again less than most 14 year olds though. Our family dosnt need the grain and oil, my dad works as the head of the train department. We have more money than the average family in District 6 should.We reach the center of the District where the reaping is held. Me and Seth walk over to the table so the peace keepers can test our blood. "Ouch" I yell as a peace keeper jams a needle into my arm. Seth is still behind me, he looked scared. I was guessing its because he had his name entered so many times. "There not going to pick you" I tell him soothingly "I am going to head to my age group" "Ok" he says "Good Luck"I walk over to the big group of 14 years olds and found a place to stand. A few minutes later the mayor approached the stage and gave a big long boring speech. Then the usual video about Panem and the Hunger Games came on. Then finally a lady with long orange curly hair came to the stage. You could see her a mile away, her hair and makeup where so bright she was hard to look at. Well it was just the usual capitol look."How about boys first this year" she said gleefully. I hope its not Seth, it can't be Seth, I thought. "Jekele Nimmsy" she exclaimed. I let out a sigh of relief. I watched the boy walk up the stairs, frozen in fear. I had never saw him before, he looked about 12 or 13 with dark hair and bright green eyes. "Now for the girls" the lady grinned. She swished her hand around the bowl and finally reached in and took a name of the top. I never had a doubt in my my that I would be picked until I heard her next words."Ried Mallows"