Chapter 1: I Know What You Did

"I'm sorry Tony...," My cousin said and I could feel my heart sinking low, the ache.

"I swear if I could, I would kill you through the phone," I choked, trying not to burst into tears. I wasn't going to cry, I don't want to cry...

"I told you I'm sorry," he snapped, "We were both drunk and we wanted to explore-"

"Shut up!" I shout and hang up on the asshole.

💔

I hear keys jangling outside the apartment door as I was drinking my tequila... I don't usually drink, but today I had an excuse. I'm in pain so it was okay to numb it.

"I'm home~" Alexis announces cheerily and comes in with some grocery bags, "babe I'm making your favorite! Mexican tacos!"

I don't look up and sip my glass. I'm not at all in the mood to talk to her. If I talked I would probably regret saying anything right away. Should I not even bring this up at all and avoid this? Or should I confront her about this...? I don't know and it's hurting me, it's making me physically ill. I could feel the acidic bile rise up my throat...

"Tony? Why are you drinking?" She asks slowly approaching me with a lost look on her face.

I chug the glass of tequila and say nothing once more. She touches my shoulder and I back away as far as I could.

Confrontation it is then....

"I know what you did last summer," I shout, she froze. The color drained from her face and it seemed like a hard shocking blow. She backs up a little bit, seeming to lose her balance.

"What about last summer?" She whispers, softly as she decides to slowly approach me and sits down in the chair next to me.

"Look me in the eyes and lie to me that there's no one else," I whisper back so brokenly. I look into her olive alluring green eyes. They've always captivated me. I gulp, taking another look at how much tequila I had left. There wasn't much left.....

"I'm so sorry, you know I didn't mean it. I didn't try to hurt you, I was drunk-- Tony I love you so much," She caresses my cheeks and I flinch away from her touch.

"You let someone else's hands touch your skin." I got up, walking away from her to get my hands on the vodka next. My balance is off, but I steady myself.

"Antonio please. We can move past this, I love you and I know I hurt our relationship, but we can grow from this... I promise."

I held the vodka in my hand and turned to look at her. Alexis is so beautiful... her black raven hair... I wanted nothing more than to run my fingers through the soft silky locks.

She touch my face and I flinched. She looked at me with those hypnotizing eyes of hers. She was the girl I wanted to marry; the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with...

"Alexis... No...," I mumbled, backing away... "You betrayed me... kept a dirty secret from me..."

"You don't know how much this tore me apart, Tony... Baby I still love you." She was crying, well sobbing at this point, "I didn't mean it!"

"I don't want to let you go.... "

"Then don't...," She whispered.

"I can't.... trust you anymore," I said and walked right passed her. I didn't look back... I didn't want to see her crying face because it killed me.... She was the love of my life and she cheated on me.