Chapter Seventeen

“You’re sure you feel up to going in?” he asked me, changing gears in the Audi – the muscles bunching and flexing as he took complete command of the car. I’d never noticed how sexy it was to watch a man drive before.

“I’ll be fine today,” I said, honestly. Despite barely three hours of sleep, I felt energized – it was the first time I’d ever slept next to a man for a whole night. He’d kept waking me up, granted, but I hadn’t complained – my thighs ached from clenching around his waist for most of the night, and it made me feel decadently alive. My body throbbed with the after effects of an arousal slaked – at least for the moment – and it was more potent than caffeine.

“You want to talk it through before we go back in? We could go grab some breakfast once you’ve changed?” he turned to me at the traffic lights, the engine vibrating beneath us, and it struck me at the pit of my stomach just how sexy and powerful he was.

And completely mine. Temporarily, granted, but I was determined to enjoy it.

We’d woken up an hour before schedule, so that we could run by my apartment to change, and I could fix my face to look like I hadn’t stayed up for most of the night fucking the Managing Director. There hadn’t been time for more than a quick coffee once we’d finished in the shower, and I was ravenous.

“I think it’s only fair you pick up my energy levels again,” I said slyly, watching him out of the corner of my eye, “But I think there are a few more interesting topics to be discussing than me.”

He growled, pulling the car back into gear as the lights changed.

“Like your saucy little mouth around my cock?” he shifted slightly in the seat, and I got a little thrill that the thought alone could make him a little edgy with arousal, “I disagree though, there isn’t a more interesting ... topic on the planet than you.”

It was quite pathetic that almost every word he said to me had me preening like a kitten, wasn’t it?

“You coming up?” I asked, snapping my seatbelt when he pulled up haphazardly in front of my apartment building – Cayden drove like he did everything – dangerous, but controlled.

Parking was apparently a different story – he just stopped, for the most part, wherever he liked. Life with valet.

“I’ll wait here,” he drummed his fingers against the steering wheel, cold eyes calculating every aspect of our surroundings, before turning back onto me, darkening, “If I come up with you, I’m going to see a flat surface and need to fuck your brains out over it.”

I flushed, my eyes self-consciously flying to the window, as if anyone out there could hear what he was saying to me. My face must have been beetroot, despite the warming tingling thrills that were firing through me.

He chuckled, dropping a chaste kiss on the tip of my nose.

“Go on, princess, I’ll be here waiting.”

                        ********************************************