Meeting Josh

“Not Just another music store” Miya read aloud as she pulled into the empty parking lot. She opened her car door and aloud a blast of hot air hit her. It felt good considering she was just in a freezing car moments ago.

She walked into the store and looked around. There were shelves of CD’s, books and instrument tools. She spotted what she was looking for and walked towards the back of the store. 

Hanging on the wall was an electric blue guitar with a black pick guard and red pickups. She looked it over but didn’t quite know what she was looking for.

She didn’t know much about guitars but she knew she wanted to play. She would buy some books and learn of the internet.

She looked around the store but it seemed to be empty.

“maybe its closed and they forgot to lock the door” she looked around some more.

Then a loud noise caught her attention.  She tip toed to where the noise came from.  Looking around a shelf of CD’s she saw a man fooling around with a guitar and amp. 

But she immediately recognized the man as her favourite singer, Josh Ramsay. He was wearing a blue button up shirt, a white tie, black skinny jeans and blue converse sneakers.

He started to play some chords from a song Miya knew too well.

She stood behind the shelf and began to sing along quietly at first. Then he stopped playing to try a different sound peddle and noticed Miya singing.

She hadn’t noticed the silence and began singing louder than before. Josh peaked around the shelf and saw her standing there with her eyes closed singing the words to the song he just played.

“HI!” Josh suddenly said scaring Miya half to death. “Oh, I didn’t mean to scare you’  He said with a huge smile on his face. “Im Josh” He geld out his hand.

“I… im Miya Sommerdon” She said taking his hand and giving it a little shake.

'Guess i dont need those meet and greet tickets anymore' Miya thought