Demon Reaper

Preface

It’s been thirteen years…

                “Mommy!”I cry as I see the fire surrounding us.

                “It’s okay baby. Come here. Everything will be fine.” My mother soothes as she holds me against her, sobbing. I could feel the heat all around me, but it didn’t burn. “I love you baby.” My mother laid down with me and everything went black.

                When I woke up, I remember hearing sobbing, “We found her here in the yard. I can only assume that maybe one of her parents carried her out and went back in for the other.” Our neighbor, Mrs. Browning, tells police. “I don’t know if she even has any family she can go to. That poor child.”

                “Social Services takes care of that mam’. What time did you notice the smoke?” The officer continues to question Mrs. Browning as a short, portly woman comes over to pick me up.

                “Hello Alanna. My name is Sara and I’m going to take you to your uncle’s house. Okay?” Sara reaches down to take my hand.

Sara had enrolled me in a local kindergarten class before sending me to Uncle Paul’s. I punched three boys at one school, tore out a girl’s hair at another, and finally took a bite out of a girl who bit me first at the last. That’s when they decided public school wasn't for me.

    Since I didn't go to school like a normal girl, I was expected to tend to the cattle and clean the house every day. As I got older, I was expected to cook also. Every morning I got up at 4 A.M. I would make my uncle's breakfast and then start my chores. I had exactly 6 hours to get my outside chores done before I was expected to start the inside chores. If I failed, I was beaten.

    At age 11, I started into puberty. When my period came for the first time, my uncle insisted I stay away from the bulls until I was finished. "It'll throw them off while the girls are gone." He said.

As soon as my period left, I went back to the fields. The first bull that I saw attacked me. I was bedridden for two days.

    "I told you to stay away from that bull. This is all your fault." My uncle shouted.

    "I'm sorry Uncle, it won't happen again. I promise." I cried running to my room.

    Uncle Paul followed undoing his belt, "You better believe it won't. I'll make sure that bull never comes after you again." He dropped his pants throwing me on my bed. He fought to pull my legs apart.

    "Stop it! What are you doing? Uncle, stop please, I didn't mean it." I tried to push him away as he forced my legs apart further.

    "Lie still Ali, this is for your own good." He shouted over my cries. When I managed to kick him in the chest he left the room. I had started to get out of bed when he came back with the twine. "I guess if you won't lie still, I'll have to tie you down."

    "No uncle, please. I promise it won't happen again. Just don't hurt me." I fought as he tied my hands to the headboard. He then tied my feet apart and shoved a sock in my mouth.

    "I'm sorry Ali. Truly I am. This is the only way." He crooned with a smile on his face. "Sh-sh-sh. I promise if you just relax, you'll enjoy it."

I never trusted my uncle again. The bulls attacked me again and again. Each time I healed a little faster. Each time, Uncle Paul forced himself on me. I learned to hide during my period. The woods were my refuge. After five excruciating years of doing my chores and hiding from him, he finally died of lung cancer. That was the day my new life began.

A/N: To all of my readers. Thank you for taking the time to read my story. I do truly appreciate it. If you could do me the smallest favor: if you like my story, vote with this little button to the left or comment at the bottom. Or if your not a big talker and don't have the time to push that button each chapter, could you fan me and tell me which story you like. That would be awesome of you. I try my best to satisfy my readers and it would help me if I knew what story line you like. Thanks so much.