Chapter 7 (Seven) - Busted.

"Marylin wake up.."

"Uhh, I'm coming, I'll meet you at the shop in a minute." I sleep talked.

"Huh?, Marylin stop playing games! Wake up."

"Uh, I said I'm coming, go and make me some food."

Suddenly, a cold liquid splashed all over my face, while it dripped from my cheek bones to the seat of the leather sofa. I woke up instantly to see what was on me, and who the voice was from earlier. Rubbing my eyes as my vision was slightly blurred, only to see mum sitting down beside me.

"What do you want?" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm here to tell you that your sleeping in the basement tonight. Here's your bed sheet,pillows & spare pyjamas that was in the attic."

"What the hell, no I'm not. Go and call a locksmith to remove the lock."

"Have you eaten yet?" She asked.

Why is this woman trying to change the subject? I gave her some orders, why isn't she doing it?

"Answer me." I demanded.

"There is spag bol in the fridge, if your hungry."

Then she got up, and walked away. What the hell, what's wrong with her? I'm starting to become suspicious. I looked up at the clock and it was 9:30. How long did I sleep for? Cause I don't remember even sleeping. Well I guess if it's late then there is no point of me eating. I might as well sleep here instead of the basement.

"And don't even try sleeping in the living room." Yelled mum.

From wherever she was. So now I can't sleep in my room, or the living room. And it's late, fine I just won't sleep at all. But then eventually I was feeling sleepy, so I grabbed my pillow,bed sheet & pyjama's, and headed downstairs to the basement. On my way to the basement, I could hear Stan moving about. Why was he there? I mean he never liked anyone going to the basement? So why was I allowed to go there? I knocked on the door, and waited for him to open. He doesn't like it when you just barge inside, he says its disrespectful. And for some reason I agreed.

"Why hello Marylin." Stan grinned, as he stood open by the door in his boxer shorts.

"Hi." I replied, as I tried making my way in.

"Your bed is over there." As he pointed to the other end of the room.

"Thanks, why don't you sleep with mum?" I asked suspiciously.

"Because the bed is too small."

"But it's big enough for even all three of us to sleep on it."

"Oh shuttup before I make that bruise on your chin & elbow more worse than it already is.

I stayed quiet, and began to lay my bed. I didn't bother changing into my pyjama's because I knew he wouldn't let me back in the room. Stan kept talking to me.. Well I think he was talking to me? He kept talking, but I just ignored him, and attempted to sleep. In the middle of my sleep I was awakened by a loud roar, which I was too keen on.

"PARTY ROCKING IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT."

"What the hell, Stan are you the one making this noise?"

"Huh, am buziee sleepinn" he said while sleeping.

Since Stan was sleep talking then it obviously wasn't him. I tried going back to bed again, when not too long I was awakened by the noise again.

"EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFING!!"

I later found out that it was the neighbours who were causing the noise. They where having a party, at like 10 o'clock in the night. Don't these people know I need my sleep! Further on into the night, the music began to die out, and soon their was less noise. The only noise was water dropping slowly from a pipe, making a loud noise as it hit the base of the sink continuously.

"Marylin."

Argh, what does Stan want? Maybe if I pretend to sleep he'll leave me alone.

"Marylin wake up. Marylin wake up. Marylin wake up. Marylinnn wake up!" Said Stan. As the tone of his voice got more and more angrier as he said my name.

What did he want that he felt it was so important to wake me up at this hour of the day?

"I'm awake for crying out loud !!"

"Good. Because it looks like you lost something of yours." He grinned.

"What?" I asked, confused.

He handed over my little torch that I lost previously. From the time I sneaked down to the attic, and saw him having sexual intercourse with another woman!

"I think this belongs to you!"

"No it doesn't.." I said, looking around the room, fidgeting with my hands as I was busy thinking of an excuse.

"Yes it is, because it's not your mothers. Hm, I wonder what it's doing here? I mean you've never been to the basement before? And I tidied up the entire basement just less than a week ago.."

Less than a week ago, was when I caught Stan cheating. Oh gosh, what am I going to do now? Okay Marylin, now think.. Think of an excuse! Erm how about erm.. Argh I can't think of a good enough excuse.

"You didn't happen to erm.. aha erm see me and another woman here a couple days ago did you?" He asked.

I didn't dare say a word. I didn't want to face any consequences.

"ANSWER MY question." he shouted, as he began to lower his voice, nearly just about whispering.

I still refused to answer his question until he grabbed me by the neck, strangling me with all his strength, nearly killing me. Until I finally gave up, and managed to say yes with the little oxygen I had, which I somehow managed to speak.

"WHAT WAS THAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

He stopped strangling me, and pushed me back to my mattress and waited for me to answer. The door was open, should I make a run for it and probably face death? Or should I reply and face death? Either way I was still going die! Life's such a bitch.

The door wasn't far away from me, and with my fast running skills I could make it to the door faster than you could say " red lorry yellow lorry" 10 times without saying "wed lohlly yehlow wollie. This is why sometimes I wish I wasn't born. But I mean if I wasn't born, the world wouldn't have a cool person.. Oh you was thinking your the cool person? No I was talking about myself.

But I had a quick thought about this, the only best thing I could do was to just be honest. Hey, honesty Is the best policy. Although in this case it could end up making tonight be my funeral, as long as mum knew then everything would probably be a bit better.

"I said no."

"So you didn't see anything? And this doesn't belong to you?"

"Correct."

What? Everybody lies! Did you actually think I was going to tell the truth? C'mon now, I have my life ahead of me. I don't want to die now! This will be the last time I lie, I swear.

" I don't believe you."

I don't like liars Marylin, and I believe all liars should be taught a lesson.

He started drawing closer and closer towards me, what do you think he was going to do?