Sototallylittlewood

Toby stared at the tent's fabric wall. He yawned and stood up. Walking out into the sun, he stretched whilst looking around for any sign of Martyn. He spotted him by the camp fire cooking up some breakfast,

"Morning Toby" Martyn said grinning over his shoulder at the younger boy, "How are you this fine sunny day?" he half laughed at the other.

"Morning Martyn, I’m doing fine." truth be told, he wasn't. He woke up from a terrible dream. "How are you Martyn?" he asked the sapling king.

Martyn smiled up at the standing boy, "I’m great."

Toby grinned at the older of the two and sat down on one of the benches. He watched the elder cook their food. Martyn leaned back, laying agenst Toby's legs, and looked at Toby with a face that made the younger blush and look away. The older boy smiled and got back to cooking, brushing off the thought that the other boy was adorable when he blushed.

Martyn finished making their breakfast and sat down next to Toby. He was so deep in thought about what to say to Toby, he didn’t even notice him talking,

“I said, what’re you thinking about Martyn?”

Martyn looked over at the boy, “Wh-huh? Oh, uhm… Nothing.”

He smiled and went back to eating. Toby looked at him a bit longer, then went back to eating. They sat in silence for a few minutes, then Martyn spoke up,

“You know Toby, You're adorable when you… are like that…” Martyn blurted out at toby.

"When I'm like what?” Toby asked the older boy.

“J-just, being you… I guess.” Martyn said.

Toby didn’t know what to say, then Martyn turned around and hugged him tightly.

“Never letting go.” He whispered into the other's ear, “I want my little Toby to stay safe.”

Toby nuzzled his head into the crook me Martyn’s neck and smiled. Martyn pulled away. He looked at the other for a while before pressing their lips together. Toby kissed back.

When the kiss broke Martyn whispered into toby's ear, “I love you. I have for a while but I didn't know how to express it right.” He admitted.

Toby hugged him closer and said, “That was perfect Martyn, I love you too.”

**Time skip, down in the mines now**

“Is there something on your mind, Toby?” Martyn asked as they were mining away getting materials.

Toby didn’t know that he had been silent for most of the trip, only an answering yes or no. “I’ll tell you later…” He said mining some coal.

“Alright.” Martyn said, “On another note, I think we can head back up to the surface, we have loads of materials.”

When they got back up they shoved everything in a chest and sat down on Martyn’s bed.

“You wanna tell me what’s been on your mind today?” The elder asked.

Toby sighed and stared at the fabric wall he had been looking at that morning, “I had a nightmare last night. I was lost in the forest, and the trees- the trees told me you were out to kill me… I heard a noise behind me and turned around and you were there, frosted over, like you get in the winter. You walked over to me lifting up your sword, and attacked me. I woke up just as you slit my throat.”

Martyn hugged him, “I don’t freeze over anymore, remember? Lalna fixed me. I would never do anything to hurt you.”

Toby snuggled up to him, “I know… Do… do you think we can get some sleep?”

“Sure.” Martyn said calmly and they both got under the covers,  still with each other, and drifted off into a peaceful sleep.