Chapter One:

Here I was, standing in front of my new home, waiting to be greeted by my new family.

No, I hadn't moved here because of a tragic occurrence or anything. I was part of a student exchange program that my high school, and the one here offered.

I had moved from Santa Cruz, California, to Camden, Maine.

Sure, they were both on the coast, but I knew I would miss the sunny beaches back home.

I had written an essay just to be able to be entered in the drawing to come here, and when they drew my name, I was suprised

Santa Cruz High had ben doing this for as long as I could remember, but I had heard that this was the first time Camden High would be doing it.

A girl name Anna Jackson was to be living at my home for the rest of her Junior year, and I to be living at her home for the rest if my senior.

It didn't upset me, leaving home during my senior year, but they had said I could visit during Christmas, which was good.

The Jackson's house was nice, a two story 1930's Waterfront home. It was nice. There were five cars in the driveway, which even for me, was a lot.

I slowly walked up to the door and knocked.

I heard about three different voice yell "I've got it" and it sounded like a bunch of elephants were running towards the door.

I flinched when the door was flung open, and a little girl who looks to be five peeked out.

"Hello. Are you my new brother?" She asked. She had light brown hair and grey eyes, not unlike the girl who appeared right behind her. She seemed to be around six years older than the little girl, around eleven years old.

"Hey, I'm Isabel. Welcome. You must be Micah. This is Leeland." Isabel, the eleven year old, said.

"Come in, come in. MOMMY!" Leeland took off running and an older woman took her place. She had laugh lines around her eyes and a smile on her face.

"Hello, Micah. I'm Ariana. Your new "mom"." She said, taking me by the arm and pulling me inside.

There, sitting in the living room, were eight other girls, not including Isabel. "Having a sleepover?" I asked nervously.

"Oh, no. There are my daughters." Ariana laughs and I laughed dryly. Sure, I enjoyed being around girls,  but how would I live with NINE of them when I didn't even live with one at home?

They all shared the same brown hair, except for two, who had matching blonde hair.

Ariana called them over, and stood in front of me.

"This is my oldest daughter, Michelle. She's a senior, like you." The tallest girl stepped out and smiled at me. She had green eyes.

"Anna, the one who's at your home right now, was one of the triplets, Ashley and Amy. They're juniors." The two blondes looks up and smiled. They're eyes were blue.

"Next is Laura. She's a sophomore."   The middle child slightly raised her hand. Her eyes were hazel.

"Then there's Isabel, who you've met. She's in seventh grade." Isabel taped me on the shoulder and smiled. Her brown eyes stood out. I smiled back then turned to the remaining two.

"This is Kylie. She's in third grade." Kylie smiled, and I saw that she was missing a tooth. She had a pair of teal colored eyes. I chuckled to myself and looked back.

"And finally, here's my youngest, Leeland. She's in first grade." Leeland jumped up and pulled at my arm.

"Come swimming! Please!" I laughed and looked up at Ariana.

"Go ahead. My husband will be here in around three hours. Dinner's in four. Be ready!" She smiled and nodded her head towards Leeland.

Here I am, living with seven girls, and so far, its pretty good.