Chapter 3

Don't you worry child

Lily awoke in a bright green room. Or what she thought was a room. After forcing her eyes to focus on what was above her she saw a canopy of green leaves attached to thin sticks, which grew on masses of trees.

She knew not where she was, but she knew she was not dead. For if she was in heaven, there would be a feast made of all the finet meats and cheeses. A dwarven feast! She may look like a dainty perhaps human, but she was a dwarf, and she was proud of her heritage.

After trying to get up and discovering that she had been tied onto the floor with some enchanted vines, lily gave up on trying to escape and settled for closing her eyes. Minutes passed. Minutes spent thinking about her friends and family, and who had kidnapped her from the wrath of azog. She was in a way grateful, but still terrified about who her so called saviour could be.

After a long few minutes, lily opened her eyes to come face to face with a happy, energetic... Elf? Lily screamed. The elf screamed. And within ten seconds of the screaming, five adult soldier elves came into the canopy where lily was with their bows with an arrow ready to fire.

A tall, blonde elf with a funny crown made of leaves and sticks walked past the soldiers towards lily, who after being taught to hate elves all her life, was shaking in fear.

"my name is Legolas! You are Lillian, am I correct?" the young elf spoke to lily.

Lily nodded. Cowering away from the tall elves.

"this is my father, the king of the greenwood, Thranduil!" legolas explained.

"guards. Leave us alone for a couple of minutes please" the guards left the king, prince and dwarf girl alone, not after sending lily a cold glare. Apparently the elves returned the same amount of hate towards the dwarves.

"now Lillian. I understand you are a dwarf, and although there is a disagreement alive between our people, I will not hold your heritage against you, for you are now the adopted daughter of Thranduil. Legolas is now your brother. I know this is a big change for you, but I fear you would not want to return to your people. Or azog for that matter, seeing as that is where I found you. Legolas will show you your room and if you would like, he will take you on a tour of the palace. Do you have any questions?"

Thranduil finished off his speech.

"why would I not like to return to my people? What happened? Where is azog?"

Lily quietly spoke.

"I'm afraid, there is a terrible plague spreading throughout the dwarven villages. You however are safe here. I know it will take some time for us to gain your trust, but it is a task I will hold to myself! Do not worry child. We elves will treat you with the utmost respect."

"what happened to the prince thorin and his nephews?"

Thranduil turned his back to lily,

"they're dead!"