11. Swayed

Setting: On the Road to Imladris, Thranduil takes a detour to a settlement of WoodMen, who have recently taken a new chieftain. However, on arrival Clara has unearthed some nasty truths that might rock the fragile state of the village - taken from the chapter: 'Human or Elf?' - TLA.

Image: 'Clara & Thranduil at the Settlement' - designed by Miss_Marshmellow

Media: The Antidote - St Vincent
*********************************

She breaks through the doors of the Chieftains Hall with such angry force that it gains plenty of attention. Several noblemen practically leap off their stools and even my guards flinch. 

I do not.

I'm torn between irritation and curiosity, but the second Clara stalks towards the table I begin to sense a challenge - I find that thrilling. Relaxing in my chair, I almost resist the urge to fold my arms and grin smugly.  What poor idiot has crossed her today? Not me, of that I'm certain!

"Lord Thorald?" She asks in her most serious voice, and I practically twist my whole self sideways, as I stand to observe the young chief's reactions...mild terror about sums it up. "May I speak with you plainly about a matter of the highest priority?" Clara continues undeterred and I switch my gaze back to her. Her back straight, her jaw set, her eyes are wild with fire and I am momentarily distracted by them.

"Lord Thorald," I begin quietly - once I've regained my senses - gesturing a respectful nod towards Clara - her lips remained pursed and unamused. Now I really am interested. "This is the lady Clara, my soon to be wife, she has journeyed with me today...she wished to see your settlement."

"Are you aware of a serious virus that is spreading through your people at a startling rate?" Clara quickly interjects the moment I finish her introduction to the extremely baffled boy. Her anger is untempered, I have never saw her so passionate before, and in that very moment I feel that familiar knot twist and pull tighter....good Eru she is stunning when she is riled for a fight!

I chew the inside of my cheek, momentarily distracting myself from the swift direction my thoughts took. I am caught in a moment of unadulterated lust for this elleth and a huge gush of pride. It takes all my self discipline to remain quiet and to concentrate on her accusations.  I am aware that it is probably only me that finds her challenging display utterly seductive.  It is slightly unnerving how I enjoy her rage when it isn't directed at me. 

"Are you aware that your healers have not enough medicine to deal with the rising number of victims?" Clara pushes her hands balling tighter, her skin flushing in her rage, and I settle myself to listen to her plea, slightly concerned that her tone may land us in trouble.

"No I was not aware there was an issue?" He speaks and glances to a wiry grey haired man to his left, obviously an advisor, who guiltily drops his gaze. "Do you mean to say that there has been unnecessary death?"

"Unfortunately that is the sad truth my lord," she condemns them bitterly and locks her fierce eyes with the obviously guilty advisor.  Vile men...I suppose their greed should not surprise me it seems all too typical. "I have just spoken with your chief medic who explains that choices have been made to only administer aid to those who have a better chance of survival." Clara finishes her accusation with a resolute jerk of her head.  I am cautiously quiet for a moment, carefully weighing up the looks being passed between these men, deciphering if I should intervene now or let Clara manage alone. I will admit I am intrigued by her forthrightness, and I am pleased by it.