At least We're Alive

MacKenzie's P.O.V.

I fluttered my eyes open, not prepared for the light.

I wished I had waken up peacefully, but the bright light through the windows and the repeated banging on the locked door is responsible for waking me up at seven a.m.

Zayn's arm around me tightened.

I squirmed out of his arms, rolling over, watching him sleep.

The comfort was nice but I just met the boy yesterday.

That's when I heard the banging on the door once again.

I groaned and got out of bed before opening the door.

"What?" I asked.

"You're in my house, get out."

I groaned and decided to just re-shut the door.

He put his foot between the frame and the door, jarring at the collision with his foot but keeping a dauntless face. "Now."

"What's the problem, man?" Zayn asked.

I looked back at him. Half asleep but now sitting up in the bed.

Now just realizing that he didn't have a shirt on, I realized what it must have looked like we were doing in the room last night.

"Nothing, take as long as you want, Zayn," the guy said, instantly backing off.

I glared at the teen in a less than flattering way before shutting the door.

"Do you know him?" I asked Zayn.

He shook his head.

"Well obviously he knows you," I pointed out.

"Obviously."

I watched as he stood up out of the bed and stretched. 

"Stop staring. I know I'm tempting but," he trailed off but that was enough for me to quickly turn away.

"I wasn't," I lied.

He replied with a grumble and I decided to leave him in the room considering I was already dressed.

As I began to walk down the staircase I could see the boy that had previously came in the room cleaning up.

I sat on the carpeted stairs and watched him.

He picked up a red cup, that so happened to not be a Solo one, and threw it in the black garbage bag he held.

He stopped working to look at me.

"What's your name?"

"MacKenzie," I quickly but nonchalantly answered him.

"How old are you?"

"Same age as you."

"How do you know how old I am?"

I shrugged because I really didn't know but he looked around my age. "Why are you giving me an interrogation?"

"I would answer that but Zayn's you're boyfriend."

"Zayn isn't my boyfriend," I stated.

"So you just sleep around with everyone?" He asked.

I stood up. "No, we didn't do anything like that."

He dropped the garbage bag and made his way towards me, "My bad. It's just if Zayn isn't your boyfriend then maybe you can go out with me tonight?"

I scoffed, sitting back down. "No."

It's not like the boy in front of me wasn't attractive. He was, a lot. But he threw this party with alcohol, he's probably really popular (which isn't usually good), he's most likely a fuckboy, he just insulted me, and etc etc etc.

"How about tomorrow then?"

"No," I said rejecting him once again.

He smirked looking down at his feet, "Okay."

Before I could question the strange action Zayn came side galloping down the stairs.

"Thanks for letting me crash here, Dean," Zayn said directing the statement towards the only other boy in the room.

"Dean," I said, letting the name to settle and roll off my tongue.

"Yeah, no problem anytime."

I leaned into Zayn so Dean couldn't hear me. "I thought you said you didn't know him?"

"I never said that," Zayn pointed out.

I rolled my eyes.

Zayn reached for my hand and grasped it before leading me out the door.

He picked up his keys, unlocking the door to his Audi.

I opened the passenger door and slid in.

I sighed and shook my head as Zayn started up the engine.

"My mom is going to kill me."

***

The loud yelling coming from Zayn's house was giving me a headache. He just bought me back to his house and my mom and his dad haven't stopped talking since. I hate getting yelled at so I always avoid it, but I know there was no getting out of this one. Meanwhile, Zayn looked like he was tuning it out. How is that possible? I'm sure people from ten blocks away can hear them.

"You're grounded. I can't believe you would disappoint me so much like that," my mom said finishing her sentence. " 

"You guys can't stay out all night especially without calling us," Brian pitched in.

"At least we're alive," I said, but soon regretting it.

My mom began to walk away, shaking her head.

"Honestly, it was my fault. We went to a party and we lost track of time and just fell asleep at my friends house."

He technically wasn't lying. He knew the boy and things did get out of hand.

"I don't care, Zayn, you're grounded too."

"I'll be waiting in the car, MacKenzie," my mom said as she walked out the front door.

"Bye," I said quietly before slipping out the door along with my mom.

Yesterday was awful.

(A/N I feel like this was a really crappy and short chapter. But it's just a filler for now hopefully the next chapter will be better. I have AP testing, presentations, and projects due this week so I'm going to try to update by next, next week? Thank you guys for putting up with my unscheduled bullshit updates! I'll try harder to update on time.

Aubree~♥)