And The Decision Is...

THIS is a project. I was assigned this assignment from my English teacher. If you've read the famous short story by Frank R. Stockton "The Lady, or The Tiger," then you probably know that there was NO ENDING. He left us hanging there. Like, I left you hanging at the end of the Spongebob story... Hehe..

    Well, I hope you decide to read this and NOT press back because it's not a cliche love story. Please, leave feedback, vote, and fan me, if you absolutely want to see more.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   As the princess stared at her lover from above, the crowd remained as silent as the sky.    

   Sitting comfortably in his chair, the king broke out into a smile, silently wishing for the merciless death of his daughter’s lover.

   Closing her eyes, the princess clasped her shaking hands together and waited for the outcome. Her decision, the decision that will forever plague her thoughts, will determine the fate of her lover. The door, opening as slow as ever, was rapidly ripped off of its hinges

   Suddenly, the gasps were heard. The crowd, emitting sounds only known as terror, were trying to hide their faces from the brutality of the scene in front of them.

   The princess, sitting at the edge of her seat, just opened her eyes and stared in shock at the scene in front of her. Regret pulsing through her veins. She grasped the metal bar in front of her. She, still overcoming the outcome of her picking, thinks of what she’s done. Realizing the mistake of her choice, she could do nothing but look in panic.

   The young man, who just lies on the gravel, pain written all over his handsome face, stares sadly at his lover, his princess. The tiger was clawing at his face, his clothes was being ripped to shreds, and his body, forever scarred by the bites and scratches of the tiger, still longed for the princess. He could do nothing. He was good as dead. Though his end may be nearing, he still kept his eyes on the princess. Looking at her with an intensity that matched the tiger’s hunger, he accepted the pain, because he knew, he knew that it was her decision. It was her choice that put him in this position. He would accept it. He would accept death for her.

   Still in a daze, the princess just gawks at the affection of her lover. Even near death, he was able to affect her with emotions that only he could arouse. His face, though showing the scars that were cast upon him by the tiger, was as beautiful as ever to her. She couldn’t believe it. She couldn’t believe that she would do that to him because of her own selfishness. She hated herself, hated what her jealousy could do.

   Her father, the king, was just looking at the view below him, no emotion written on his face. She couldn’t tell if he was somber, cheerful, livid, or calm. He wasn’t showing a flicker of reaction toward what was happening. It was an unusual sight for the princess.

   A sharp cry brought the princess’ gaze back toward the young man. It was hard for her to keep her eyes on him. He was tattered, bloodied, and bruised. She was surprised that he was still alive. The passion burning within him must have kept his willingness to live last much longer than average. He must have noticed that she wasn’t looking at him. He wanted her to see him die before her eyes. He wanted her to see him take his last breath for her. She needed to see what she has done to him. How their love hurt only him. How he, alone, had to suffer for it.

    Using his last breath, he cried out her name. The suffering has ended. The pain has gone away. The crowds remain silent. The torment was over for everyone, except the princess.