The Sideline Story (Urban) Book 1

Everyone always says, "Oh that sideline will never be the main chick." but sometimes that's not always right. Most of the time it's real, though. Nobody's going to leave their main for a sideline, who's only around for the sex and money.

But maybe most sidelines aren't always there for the sex and the money. 

They're always defined as the groupies, who scout out the rich guys, in hopes of getting to the money. They're all known for the big mouths, big attitudes and are prone to getting what they desire, but maybe they're not all like that.

Maybe they do have the feelings people say they don't have. Maybe they have a reason for doing the things they do. Maybe the guy treats her like she's number one and maybe she believes that one day she'll actually be number one.

Women become sideline chicks for many reasons. Some do it for the sex and the money. They love sex so much they don't care who they're getting it from and others are so lonely that they do it for the momentary pleasure and attention they're getting from that certain man.

Once they realize what they've become, they don't want to stop, especially if they've grown feelings for someone. Being a sideline is something they decided on. It's how they chose to live their lives. Ultimately, they're the ones who have to decide if they can stomach to see their partner walking around with his true number one.

But Sincere feels like she's the complete opposite of all of this. She knows she's got the big mouth and the big attitude but she's doesn't think she's Antoine's number one, she KNOWS she's his number one, even though he has a fiancee.

Sincere's not as stupid as she may seem, though. She knows he has a fiancee, she knows she's the sideline and she knows she's in love with her boyfriend but that doesn't stop her in any way, shape or form from getting what she wants. Whether it be money, Antoine in her bed every night or her boyfriend worshiping the ground she walks on, she gets it.

Based on a blog post from LashuntriceBradley, being a sideline is like your favorite food. It's good while we're eating it, although, once it's gone you have a hollow feeling or will eventually crave more of it. But being a girl on the side is the exact same. Being with Antoine is good at the moment, but Sincere has to learn how to deal with the fact that the truth will eventually come out.

However, she keeps doing it because of the momentary pleasure and attention she'll get from him. Will she be able to keep her secret hidden or will things begin to reveal themselves as time goes on? How long will she be able to hold on to her other man before her boyfriend begins to get suspicious?