Chapter 3

Hazume’s Perspective

Displeasure was clear on my features as my eyes stayed fixed on my new teammates and sensei. A smug smirk was clear underneath my sensei’s mask.

“Nice to see you again Hazume.” Kakashi said gleefully, obviously enjoying my reaction.

I heard Shikamaru chuckled at my reaction as I screwed my face up at Team 7 and Kakashi.

“This will be your new team. I heard you have already been acquainted with them.” Tsunade announced with a self-satisfied smirk on her face.

“That is correct my lady.” I responded hiding my irritation with the best of my ability.

Her attention averted to Kakashi who stood at attention awaiting her order. “Kakashi, Hazume is your new pupil even though she was at Chunin level in Iwagakure, I’ll allow you to be the judge of what her ranking will be.” She established, causing my expression to drop.

I sighed quietly in a disapproving manner. This was going to be a long day.

“Yes my lady.” Kakashi responded bowing slightly and then turning his attention toward us. “Alright then, I’ll meet you all at the training grounds.” With that he disappeared into smoke.

“Come on, I have to show you were the training grounds are.” Shikamaru groaned shoving his hands into his pockets.

I rolled my eyes as the lazy shinobi. “Oh don’t whinge.”

~~

We all stood at the training grounds in silences. Shikamaru had escaped when he had the chance, stating he’d come get me later. The trio stood a good two metres away from me, which was exactly how I liked it. Kakashi was late and the silence hanging around us didn’t make the situation any less awkward.

“Do you think she’ll kill us?” My ear twitched slightly at the sound of whispers, I side glanced at my teammates. Sakura and Naruto were whispering to each other while Sasuke stood next to them listening in.

“No way, she can’t be that strong.” Naruto whispered his reply to Sakura. Irritation became clear on my face.

“She is noted in the bingo book you idiot.” Sakura whispered in a harsh tone.

“I can hear you two.” I grumbled loud enough for them to hear.

The two straightened up fumbling due to my sudden interference. I slowly walked over to them with my arms crossed and a cold look on my face.

“You got something to say? Say it to my face.” I growled to the two of them.

Naruto put on a determined face and stood up tall, even though I was about two inches taller. “I’m not scared of you, I’m going to be Hokage someday, believe it!” He shouted enthusiastically.

I raised my eyebrows at his sudden outburst. “You’ve got guts kid, I’ll give you that...” I paused as an arrogant smirk crept onto my face. “For an idiot that is.” I added mockingly.

He groaned angrily and was about to response to my insult, when a sudden burst of smoke appeared. “It’s nice to know we are all getting along magnificently.” Kakashi greeted with a slight wave. “Sorry I’m late, I had to help an old lady carry her shopping bags.”

I scowled at him, I had absolutely no patience, and he was definitely testing it. Kakashi’s rapidly changed to a serious expression as he directed his attention over to me.

“To determine your place in our squad and amongst the villagers, we shall have spa, the person to land the first blow wins.” He began. I raised an eyebrow at his proposal.