Chapter 30

Cover to the right is made by niciang :)

(NOT EDITED)

***

Amanda's POV~

Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit.

Grabbing a fist full of my hair, I let out a loud scream, falling backwards on my bed. Rolling over, I tugged my blanket up to my neck, and hugged it, shutting my eyes.

I can't believe that happened! I-I kissed John. Well, more like he kissed me. My kiss was just a peck on the lips! H-his was a real kiss. If Danny hadn't interrupted, I don't even know what would have happened.

You would be making out with him on his bed, duh.

Feeling the burning sensation, I knew my cheeks were flushed red. Ignoring my inner voice, I touched my lips. I could still feel his lips lingering on mine. The way he kissed me was like nothing I'd ever experienced before. He was gentle but rough at the same time, applying just the right amount of pressure. And, damn, was it the best kiss of my life.

What did you expect? He's John Ace. Of course, he's a good kisser. You want more of his kisses, don't you?

For once, my inner voice was correct. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't denied it. One kiss wasn't enough. I wanted more—but I didn't want to seem desperate, or like the other girls. I didn't want to falls for him after just one kiss.

You aren't. You already fell for him way before you even came to this college.

I rolled my eyes at myself. Like is one thing, but love? I couldn't love John—right? That's impossible. Sure, when I kissed him, I felt this weird tingling feeling in the pit of my stomach, but that couldn't have been love. That's just—no.

It was. Don't avoid your feelings.

I shook my head. I wasn't avoiding anything. I know what I feel, and it's not love. Plus, he still haven't proven to me fully yet. I can't just forgive him after a few days. Sure, he's been extra sweet to me, and haven't looked at any girl beside me for the past few weeks, but who knows? He could mess up. 

He won't. He proved that with the blonde chick. You're just telling yourself that. Face it, you love him.

“Ugh!” I groaned, flipping my covers back. Being alone with myself wasn't helping my situation at all. Especially when a part of me (that annoying part) is messing with my feelings. Maybe I should—

“Amanda.”

My eyes bugged, as I sprang up. Why the hell is he here!? I thought for sure he would've left me alone to think since I ran out of his room thirty minutes ago.

Trying not to panic too hard, I attempted to get my breathing under control before speaking to him. I didn't want to sound like a babbling idiot. But, I guess he took that as a bad sign since I wasn't saying anything back for some time.

“Amanda. Please, open the door. We need to talk,” he said a few seconds later.

“No we don't.” I couldn't face him now—not after that heated kiss.

“Amanda please just open the door,” he begged, sounding quite desperate. When I didn't answer, he added, “I got your favorite flower.”

My eyes lit up on their own. “Chocolate Cosmos?”

I heard his deep chuckle. “Yes. Chocolate Cosmos.”

I immediately stared at the vase full of Chocolate Cosmos on my desk placed neatly in the center. They were still as beautiful and rich in color, though some of them, most likely the first few ones John gave to me, were wilting.