Chapter 1

^Skie but brighter blue eyes
Ok so first chapter. There might be a few problems. I'm starting the story kind of in the middle but bear with me because there will be flashbacks. And the point of view will alternate between two characters.
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○
Skie's pov

If he says one more word about zombies, I'm going to lose it, I thought irritated.

"...and then they eat each other, which I don't really get," Jacob finished. I threw my hands up and turned around, ready to walk away when something caught my eye. Or should I say someone. Alexander Jackson was looking at me. Directly at me. And smiling.

"What are you looking at?" I asked him, a flush filling my cheeks despite my harsh tone. He smirked at me and stuffed his hands in his pockets, ambling away slowly.

"What a weirdo," Jacob said, barely glancing up from what looked like an intense plants vs. zombies game.

"Like you have room to talk." I shoved, making him cry out as he misplaced a plant.

"Curse you! I might lose now! He screeched frantically tapping.
"Oh please," I muttered, flipping my raven hair over my shoulder and twirling one of my triple piercings. I glanced at the girls locker room door and who should be standing there but Alexander.

His perfect skin, that glint in his eye, like he knows something you don't. He gets everything he wants, no matter the cost.

He sunglasses gave a tilt as he smirked again. It's like he knows I feel uncomfortable,I thought, uneasy. A furious tapping had started as I zoned back in. I looked at my best friend, Mckenna.

"Come on! If you don't hurry, we'll be late for gym," she urged, jerking on my arm, seeing as I was at least a head taller than her.

"I hate gym. I wouldn't mind being a little late," I muttered.

"But we're playing soccer today," Mckenna practically shouted in my ear.

"Why can't I just hide under the bleachers and read?" I asked. Because that would be cheating, a voice said in my head. I looked around, but we were the only ones in the hall now. Cheating? I thought back but was answered with silence.

We walked quickly towards the locker room or rather Mckenna dragged me toward the locker room. Everyone looked at me and I heard a few sighs of relief. Of course they would sigh, they just want me to be goalie. Again. I thought, bitterly. I quickly changed and walked into the gym, where the boys were almost finished being called.

"Alex," one captain called.
"Isaac," called the other.
"Josh."
"Gavin."
With that all the boys were picked and they started one the girls.

" I want Avery," said the first captain, smugly. Avery beamed and practically skipped over to the team. She stood right next to Alexander, and started blabbing about who knows what.

"Skie," called the other captain. I sighed as I stood. I expected this. It always happens to me. The jocks versus me. I thought, frowning. I stuffed my hands in the pockets of my brothers old basketball shorts and slowly walked to lean on the wall. I really wish we had a sub today. I don't feel like getting pelted with soccer balls. Then again I never am, I scoffed at my thoughts. I looked at the ceiling. Where's the fun in that? I wanna see what you can do, a voice replied, like I was talking to someone. I snap my head to the side, looking at my team, trying to find out who said it. I feel eyes burning into the side of my head. I slowly turn my head to see Alexander looking at me, smugly. I frown. The coach blowing the whistle broke his gaze from mine.

"Two teams of four and a goalie," the coach shouted.

"Ok, team. Skie is the goalie. Gavin, Isaac, Addie, and I will be the first team. Now, if I'm right then we should be going up against Alex, Josh, Avery and Ellie with Derek as the goalie." Tess, the team captain, explains.

"Tess, Ellie, get your first team an the field!" Coach yelled. I walked to the goal, noticing that each person Tess said walked onto the field. Great. I thought sarcastically.

"Begin!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn, I'm going to be bruised tomorrow. I thought, wiping some sweat from my face with my shirt. The score was tied at zero even though our team never even had the ball.

Alexander stole the ball from Gavin and passed to Josh, who was waiting to try and get passed me. He kicked the ball as hard as he could, right as I ran to block it. The ball sailed through the air knocking the air out of me as I tried to grab it. I gasp for breath as I start to fall. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Avery lining up to score again. But there was a mischievous look in her eye. This can't be good. I thought bitterly. I just barely turned my head as the ball started to come back at me. Still gasping from the hit earlier, I couldn't move when the ball slammed into my temple. And black consumed my vision.
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○
So, I put this at the end because it's okay for the first chapter. Rotxinxpieces has been nice enough to allow me to use the Underwood Chronicles' characters in this story. The places and mythological characters in future chapters most likely belong to rotxinxpieces. If you haven't read the series yet, I don't think you really need to to read the story but it would help. The setting of this story is before Ambrosius turns 18, so the two years in between The Lord's of the Underworld and whatever the next book is. Also, it's early March. Please tell me what you think.