Extra Crispy & Thoroughly Seasoned

Shout out to Cracked_Darkness. Thanks for the catch phrase! It's brilliant!

~¤°*°*°*°¤~

~ Extra Crispy & Thoroughly Seasoned ~

~Special: Theo's POV~

It was bad enough that I was forced to be in the class, but to be partnered with her? Death by frying pan would be a quicker way to go. It's too early to determine who's death it would be...

"There are eggshells in the bowl," Abigail said in her irritatingly sweet voice. Her expression betrayed her tone because she looked pissed off. I didn't know why she was so upset. It wasn't her omelette. I frowned, watching her effortlessly crack the eggs into the bowl in front of her.

Abby Hensley with her pro egg-cracking skills. "Hate to break it to you, Dollface. Not everyone is as perfect as you, cracking eggs with one hand."

"Thank you!" She said with a smile plastered on her face, pretending to take it as compliment. I could see the flicker of disdain in her eyes as she went back to whisking the eggs with more gusto than before. I continued to watch her with a scowl.

Yep. The frying pan will most definitely be her demise. Our time together wasn't so bad before we started cooking. It was interesting when she rattled on about eggs, like she was nervous. I found some kind of humor in the fact that I of all people made her uncomfortable.

"Ms. Hensley, we're making omelettes, not meringue."

I smirked when Abby faltered and mumbled an apology to the teacher.

"Mr. Keller," she addressed me next. "This is not a demonstration. Stop watching Ms. Hensley and get back to work."

My jaw clenched as I fixed the teacher with my finest glare, feeling the heat rising on my cheeks at what she was implying. A different kind of blush touched Abby cheeks, one of embarrassment, as she tried to pretend she didn't hear anything. Maybe I'll have some fun with this...

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Cordier. It's not my fault her hips sway when she's whisking. It's very distracting for a hormonal teenage boy," I gave the teacher a cheeky grin.

Abigail's eyes widened as her face turned a much darker shade of red. Her attempt to ignore our conversation must have failed miserably. She froze and the whisk slipped out of her hand, landing with a plop into the bowl.

Mrs. Cordier cleared her throat. "The only distraction you should pay any mind to is detention. So I suggest you stop ogling Ms. Hensley and keep your hormones in check." She turned on her heel and walked to the next work station.

"Yes, ma'am," I saluted. My attention was back on Abby though. She was still as a statue from my comment about her. I would not deny that I spoke the truth, but it also didn't mean that I liked her. At all. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the 'distraction,' I thought with a smirk.

When I first walked into the classroom the other day, I wanted to turn right back around and walk out the door. Home Ec was definitely not something I wanted to waste my time with. I wasn't interested in any of the electives, so the form may or may not have wound up in the garbage. The lesser of two evils would have been choosing one myself. Instead, Home Ec was the only class with any availability by the time I got around to it. I hated it already.