Chapter 15

Rae's POV

After helping Shane and Eli with their math project, it was time for dinner. I still haven't talked to Isaac about earlier. I'll have to face him sometime since we sleep in the same room. Sterling still doesn't know about it, and I intend to keep it that way. I'm not the type of person to keep secrets unless it's super important. This would be one of those few exceptions.

We gather in the kitchen for food. I can see the annoyance still in Isaac's eyes. His girlfriend left about 20 minutes ago. I heard them talking in the hall. I don't want to see her tomorrow at school. It would just drive me out of my freaking mind. I've already been in so many situations that ended terribly for everyone, so I'd rather not get into another one.

Luckily, dinner goes by pretty fast. Isaac is the first one to leave the table. I stay behind to help Spencer and Noah clear the table and wash the dishes.

"Rae, you don't have to wash the dishes." Spencer comments.

"I'm going to help you guys." I insist.

"But-." I cut Noah off.

"Well I don't know where they go and you do. I'll wash, Noah can dry, and Spencer will put them away." I explain.

"Yeah, but-" Spencer protests. I roll my  eyes and switch the water to hot.

It takes us an hour to wash, dry, and put away all of the dishes. I walk up the stairs. I go to my room to find the door ajar. I knock this time.

"Isaac? Can we talk?"

"Go away."

"Isaac, please?"

"No, Rae." He pulls open the door. "You walked in on me an Elise. You didn't even knock."

"I know, I just didn't think you'd be busy."

"Well you thought wrong."

"Isaac, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"Sorry doesn't cut it, princess." I wince. That line brings back so many nightmares.

"Don't call me that Isaac." I can feel the tears forming.

"Don't tell me what to do, princess." I know he's mocking me, but I feel wounded by it. I know he doesn't know what it means to me, but I can't help but feel hurt. Like a stab in the heart

"Please, Isaac." The tears drip from my eyes. They cascade down my cheeks. "Please don't do that to me Isaac."

"Do what, princess?" I stare at him, wide eyes.

"You don't get it do you?" I snap.

"Get what?" He's irritated.

"That's what he used to call me!"

"Who?" I slump against the wall. "Oh. You mean your-oh. Rae I'm sorry."

"It's too late now." I swivel away from him and run away. I run down a hallway. I don't want to get lost again.

This hallway is where the rest of the boys' bedrooms are. Griffin, Liam, Noah, and Spencer are all down here. I'm not sure whose room is whose, but I know they sleep down this way. The other one is me, Sterling, Eli, Isaac, and Shane. That's who I want to talk to right now. Shane.

I creep back down the corridor and peek around the corner. Isaac's door is closed. I quickly run to Shane's door.

"Shane!" I whisper-shout. I don't want Isaac knowing I'm here. The door knob turns and Shane's gorgeous face appears.

"What do you need, Rae?" He looks at my tear-stricken face. He opens the barrier between us wider. I stumble inside.

"Rae what happened?"

"Isaac happened." The tears come again. It's like they come in waves. He pulls me in close and I cry into his shoulder. We sit like this for a while until I come to my senses.

"Rae, what did Isaac do?" I stare into Shane's eyes. I tell him everything that happened just moments ago. I'm still leaking against his chest. I like listening to his heartbeat. He doesn't make me move or go back to my room with Isaac. We jut lay there; only the two of us. He strikes my hair and I lie still. I've officially decided that I like Shane. I think.

Hello darlings! Two updates in one day! Woo woo! How do you like the drama? Shane and Rae? Or Isaac and Rae? Vote and comment! Peace out losers✌️!