Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Diana

She tossed the hanging sheet of the tent aside as she entered her office. Diana was angry; no, she was furious! She grabbed the small lamp on her desk and threw it to the ground, breaking it to pieces and scaring Henry as he entered the room.

"P-pardon me m'am." He asked her hesitantly, one foot already out the office.

"What?!" She replied shouting.

"You seem to be a-a ta-tad angry. If, if you want, we want t-talk about it."

Diana stared at him, debating whether or not she should throw something at him too. Stupid Henry.

"I have no freedom!" She exclaimed dramatically, letting her fall onto her chair. "The military asked for my help, but they won't let me kill the creature that they desperately want to know so much more about! I need it dead so I can do the proper tests that allow me to better understand its nature!"

"Huh...hum...I see." Her assistant answered, a retarded smile plastered on his face.

Having had enough, Diana stood up, grabbed her notepad and violently threw it at him. "No! You don't understand you ignorant fool!" She yelled. "This discovery is the breakthrough of the century! Not some toy of unimportant value!" Diana let out a frustrated cry. "This creature was destined to be the highlight and glory of my entire career as a scientist!" She advance from her desk and went to stand in front of Henry, he let out a small shriek, as she got closer to him. "I must convince my superiors to let me kill the human fish; for the sake of science, the mermaid must die. Get me Master Sergeant Jameson on the phone."

When Henry didn't react, Diana insisted. "Now!"

"O-okay." He answered, moving his fat butt out of the office and getting to work.

Ridge

Ridge couldn't bare the idea that his little sister had fallen in love with such a selfish, narcissist person. He'd always known that Tara had strange choices in men, and he had often questioned her in the past; but now, she had really overdone it.

"Ridge, please slow down." He heard a voice behind him say.

He stopped swimming, and looked back; Gabrielle and Greg were having difficulties swimming alongside him. Actually, Ridge had almost forgotten they were even there, his mind had been wandering elsewhere for quite some time.

"Sorry" He mumbled as we waited for them to reach him. "I'll slow down and pay more attention."

"It's alright" Gabrielle said approaching him, rather out of breath. "I just think that it would be safer if we all stayed together for now. The ocean isn't safe anymore."

"You're right, I'll be more careful." He answered, as the three of them begun to swim again, together.

They continued along for another two miles before finally reaching the island; or at least, where the island was supposed to be. The three of them swam on spot quietly for a few moments, before Greg eventually broke the silence.

"Maybe we swam by it not too long ago?" He asked, uncertain.

"No" Ridge answered in certainty. "I've been here a few times before, I'm positive the island is here."