Part 21

Dan's POV

After forgiving Phil, I felt as if I had just made the best decision in my life. I instantly felt so much happier. Knowing Phil had this affect on me, I knew I wanted to be his. I needed to do something special to thank him and, more importantly, ask him to be my boyfriend. I felt we were ready and definitely needed this to happen.

I spent most of my free time thinking of what I could do. I needed something perfect that would convince him that I love him and really need him in my life.

After finally deciding on the perfect plan, I went out to buy all the supplies I needed. I waited until after he fell asleep one night to set everything up. I had to make sure with no exceptions that tomorrow would be the best day of both of our lives.

-------------------------------

Phil's POV

I woke up the next day with a smile on my face, happy to yet again spend my time with Dan, my now favorite person in the world. Hardly able to wait to see him, I quickly stretched and made my way as fast as I could to Dan's room.

I opened the door and was worried to find that he wasn't in it. Seeing a note on his bed, I ran over to read it, trying not to hope for the worst.

Dear Phil,

You've helped me so much in the time that we've known each other and I had to find some way to thank you.

Time for a trip down memory lane - go to the kitchen and check the carton of unborn chicken fetuses.

-Dan

A smile grew on my face. I was happy to go on an adventure. Clutching the note while cringing at Dan's nickname for eggs, I hurried into the kitchen with excitement.

I opened the refrigerator door and pulled out the egg carton to find another note inside it.

It's nice to remember the times we've spent together making pancakes with these eggs.

But no dilly dallying, these eggs aren't to be Chris Browned right now.

Sorry for making you walk (and get dressed 2 days in a row) but go to our bench from yesterday.

-Dan

I smiled thinking of Dan the entire time I got ready to go out and figure out what his surprise was.

Barely checking to see if I had closed the door behind me, I ran down to the park we had sat in yesterday for what felt like the most comfortable time we had shared. We both just enjoyed each others' presence without needing to say much, and it was perfect.

I finally reached the bench to see yet another little envelope with my name on it taped to the back of the bench.

Phil,

I don't know what I would do without you. You've given me a reason to live, which I can't repay you for.

You're almost to the surprise, I promise. Go to our fountain :)

-Dan

Feeling touched by his words, I was even more anxious to see what Dan's surprise was. I hurried over to the fountain which we had looked at stars together. I think that was the first time when it dawned on me that I had fallen for Dan. That was the first time I admitted it to myself, at least.

I finally reached the fountain to see that it was surrounded by rose petals. Standing next to the beautifully decorated scene was the love of my life smiling wider and brighter than I had seen him smile in quite a long time.

"Dan, I...I don't know what to say!" I stuttered, walking towards him.

"You don't have to say anything, it's okay. Just listen." Dan took a deep breath and cleared his throat, seemingly getting ready for something important.

"Phil Lester, you are the most amazing person I could ever dream of meeting. You're so sweet and caring to everyone, especially me, which I am eternally grateful for. I honestly don't know what I did to deserve an angel like you.

You're my everything and all that I have-" Dan's voice cracked and he wiped a tear from his eye with one hand while reaching into his pocket with the other.

He produced and opened small box and got down on one knee, which made my already teary eyes become flooded. I looked into the box to find a small ring with little star designs engraved in it.

"Which is why I'm going to have to ask you to be my boyfriend." He concluded, looking up at me with hopeful eyes.

"Hmm...let me think about that one..." I teased, gesturing for him to stand up.

I moved closer to Dan and lowered my lips to his, they met and moved with each other in perfect sync. Once we had both pulled away, we rested our foreheads against each other.

I pulled his head closer to mine so my lips were at his ear so I could easily whisper to him:

"Yes,"