No better than Cinderella

special thanks to my new editor dannii17 for doing an amazing job editing this chapter.

Byrin House for Wayward Magical CreaturesI stared at the pamphlet in front of me. There was no way in huffpuff that my parents were sending me away to a snotty rich kid- or should I say rich creature school! I'd rather kiss prince naveen!- you know, the frog prince?

I may be overreacting about this, but geeze!

 I'm a teenage girl, I get PMSy sometimes!

I stared at my father in front of me as he cut short my internal rant.  "It’s for your best." he said gravely, as I looked over his shoulder to where my steep-mom stood.

 I know what you’re thinking, but no.

 I'm not Cinderella; I'm actually far from it. Cinderella seems like the perfect girl, beautiful, sweet, and she puts up with her step-mothers greediness and bossiness. Basically, she's a pushover.

I'm not like that. I'm a playeress, a girl who breaks all the rules, and loves the thrill, which brings me back to the pamphlet.

"There’s no way your making me go there." I said, finally speaking my mind.

I mean, they would make me bottle up my magic, and as a girl of the nikitix(pronounced nyx-e-tex) I wouldn't be able to do it. The nikitix is basically a group of over-powered witches and warlocks who fight the 'dictator', who holds power over the order, and wants to gain rights over our own magic.

- Are you wondering who comes up with this names because I am- See, the order has this idea planted in there head by none other than the-one-who-must-not-be-named, -hehe, I take being a witch very seriously but I couldn’t resist doing a Harry potter reference- his idea being that, witches and wizards with more power should hold bigger positions than the ones with lower power, which results in more taxes and responsibility for morepowerful witches. Not so fun because we are matched about 1 per 100 and the burn-outs tend to look at us sideways or glare when they see our aura.

Please Gwen? One year, tops." I looked into my dads pleading eyes. He'd been tired the last few months with work, and I was just stressing him out more.

Sighing, I said the three words I knew I would regret.

"Okay, one year."

I was no better than Cinderella.

____________________________________________  

copyright greenroze 2011