Oh Much Worse (Romania)

Hahaha 2:38 in the morning drabble for Rella_Tai_Cassette. I really don't know where you wanted this to go ahaha I just can't think hhh here enjoy a romania drabble

--

He was your best friend since you could remember. You could just remember his gleaming eyes and his shining hair, the smile on his face when you talked to him, his accent.

Then one day, he just, kind of.

Left.

You felt empty inside. Your best friend was gone, taken away from you. Your friends and family kept telling you to get over him; you couldn't.

Soon his memory was wiped from your mind. You met new friends, new interests.

"(Your name)?" you heard a voice, turning around. You had been walking around late at night, coming back from work.

Nothing, you shook your head, seeing nothing. You turned back to be face to face with him. Him. The one you've been thinking of. The one you had been, more of.

"Hello," his accent rolled off his tongue, sweet as honey, sharp as pins.

"R-Romania?" you said, smiling slightly.

"In the flesh," he chuckled, grabbing your hand and kissing it. You took back your hand after a second.

"Where were you?" you asked, looking to his eyes. Somehow they shined brighter than you had remembered.

"Pardon?"

"Where did you go? You left me."

"Oh, I had," he paused, "business."

You frowned and hugged him around the neck, "Romania, I've missed you. I thought you had died or something."

You could feel a chuckle from his chest, moving you up and down slightly.

"Oh, much worse."

You leaned back, looking at him.

"What do you-"

He opened his mouth lightly, showing off his fangs and licking his teeth.

"And you don't know how much it's hurting me to stand next to you right now. It hasn't been too long since it first happened," he said, putting a finger to his chin in thought, as if this was normal.

You couldn't speak. Should you run? Should you hide?

"Oh, but don't worry. It won't take too long until we fix that."

What was he talking about?

"I won't kill you, I promise."

No, wait, he wasn't thinking-

Pain.