chapter 15: guilty.

.*Hayley's POV*

today was the last day of school. me and Meagan went to class together and finished off the day on a good note. we said goodbyes to everyone and walked outside. Patrick was standing outside of his car waiting for me. "hey babe! I have a surprise for you..." "hey! and what is it?" "close your eyes!" "alright." he covered my eyes and put a paper in front of me. I opened my eyes and covered my mouth in shock. "Patrick! is this for tonight?" "yeah! I was thinking we could go on a date tonight... what do you say?" "of course babe!" I said and kissed him. he drove me home and I hugged him goodbye. "see you at 6 babe!" "alright!" "love you!" he drove off. I walked inside and went in my room. I threw my book bag on my bed and opened my closet door. "hey hayley?" "yeah?" "you didn't even say hi to me when you walked in!" "sorry mom. I was excited. me and Patrick are going on a date!" "cool love! have fun." "thanks. love you mom!" "love you." I searched through my closet and found a dress. it was black and strapless. I took out my converses and put them on. I had 3 hours to get ready. I straightened my long brown hair and made sure my blue could show. I pulled it out and curled that. it didn't look bad! I started to do my makeup. I put on black eyeliner, mascara, and Chapstick. I may be dressed up, but I will not wear lipstick! I called Patrick. "hey. I'm ready, so if you are, you can come now if you want." "alright. I'll be there in like 20 minutes." "okay! bye babe!" "bye!"

*Patrick's POV*

hayley had told me she loved me. I do love her, but after last night, pete was the one I loved. no. I loved hayley. that didnt matter right now. I'm ready. I walked into the kitchen. "hey mom! I'm heading to pick up my bo-girlfriend." "alright baby! love you!" "love you too!" I walked outside and got in my car. I drove down to her house and walked to the front door. I knocked a few times. someone finally opened the door. "hello?" "hey hayley!" "hi babe!" i grabbed her hand and helped her downy he stairs. I opened her door and closed it as she got in. I walked around the front of the car and opened the drivers door. "how was your day at school?" "fine! I missed you yesterday. what did you do?" my eyes opened wide and my stomach dropped. "m-me? nothing. sat at home." "you okay?" "yeah. I just, I'm fine!" "okay!"we drove silently the rest of the way there. I pulled into the parking lot and I helped her out. she followed closely behind me. as we got in the lady gave us our seats. we got a booth and she sat across from me. we ordered our food and talked about alot of stuff. school, past, relationships, everything. I felt like she was a different person because I found out alot of new stuff about her! as we paid our bill, hayley mentioned that she left her phone at home. "you can use mine!" "thanks babe." I nodded and headed out the door. we drove home. she got out and held onto my shoulders. "hey... so I need to talk to you.." "okay? everything alright?" "yeah." we walked inside and I was getting nervous. "mom? dad?" no answer. home alone. "alright. you can sit on the couch hayley. " "thanks." "okay so what's wrong?" "today, you've been acting really weird. what happened last night?" "nothing happened! me and pete hang out that was it." "what did pete do to you baby?" "nothing! I swear hayley!" "alright." I leaned over and kissed her. she sat on my lap to where our faces were even and her legs were on the couch. she kissed me. I kissed back. her hands massaged my back and i held her up. she then moved her hands up and held my neck. she smiled and I kissed her again. she flipped me over so I was laying on my back. she laid on her stomach and we continued to make out. I felt horrible. but she was so good at this. her kisses were very good, but there was something missing. was it Pete's rough touch, or was it I wasn't putting enough love into it? I released out of a kiss and began speaking. "wanna watch a movie?" "sure!" we watched a movie and it was 10 by that time. "alright. ready to go home?" "yeah I guess, thanks for tonight babe." "welcome!" I dropped her off and gave her a kiss goodbye. I got back home to see pete on my doorstep. "Pete! what are you doing here?" "I got lonely." "come inside." he followed me.

*Pete's POV*

I missed Patrick. I loved hayley! don't get me wrong, but I felt like Patrick was mine. "can I stay again? I have a bag in my car." "sure pete, but I have to tell you something." "yeah?" "today, I was kissing hayley. something didnt feel right. your kisses are the best. I couldn't get you off of my mind." "I felt the same way with Meagan today. I miss you bro. we can hang out tomorrow right?" "yeah! sure panda! but it'll have to be after 3:30. I have work." "alright. Meagan's coming over at 5." "okay. cool!" I walked over to Patrick and rested my head on his shoulder and pulled him into a loose hug. "I know panda. it's hard." I nodded my head and let a single tear roll down my cheek. "Pete!" "what?" I sniffled. "why are you crying baby?" "no reason." "something's wrong. what is it?" "I just really love you but I really love Meagan." "I know baby." Patrick rubbed my back slowly and sang me a song. we went up to his bedroom. Patrick went in his bed and I followed. "pete... you know this isn't a good idea." "I want to snuggle. pleaseee?" I begged and gave Patrick the biggest puppy eyes I could. "fine! god pete! don't do that! it makes me sad!" I jumped up and down and snuggled next to Patrick. I fell asleep and so did he.